Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Savage x 4.6 SS

Options
  • 10-02-2007 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

What else will i need to get after i have put this car togrther?
    This my first car and have just bought it on ebay.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Radio gear?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭davidmdickens

Thanks for that but I need to now what kind of radio gear and what else.

I'd recommend 2 channel 40mhz radio gear.
    You will also need batteries, unless the transmitter comes with a battery pack and batteries for the Receiver in the car. Usually 12 AA batteries in all.
    You will need a glow starter for the motor, after run oil, and fuel.
    Not sure what else you need off hand but I'm sure some of the guys here will let you know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,540 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Thanks for that but what else.

A good kick in the pants for buying a savage and not a Revo.. :D

Nah only messing,:rolleyes:

Is it new?
    what does it come with?
    A bit more info and we can go through it with you.
    Have you got a link to the ebay item and we can be specific for you then ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0006p?&T=2&I=HPIC1861

You'll also need batterys, glue, basic tools, fuel bottle and fuel;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

I hope you allowed for this in your budget!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Are you absolutely sure you will need all those things?

Any hobby shop worth the name would make sure they are included in the price for the car.

You can't fly a plane with just the plane, and you can't run a car/truck with just the model either.

Are they not on the way to you along with the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,540 ✭✭✭✭vectra

coolwings wrote:
    Are you absolutely sure you will need all those things?

Any hobby shop worth the name would make sure they are included in the price for the car.
    Are they not on the way to you along with the car?
    just bought it on ebay.

I guess the answer to that question could lie in there.. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

It is a kit.
    You will need to build it but your are going to need to get radio gear :)
    Then you will needs the basics like a glo-starter, fuel, fuel bottle etc.
    Im not sure if these are pull start or not, someone else might be able to tell you if need some other stuff to get started

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

You should have got a revo 3.3, the most complete RTR truck available. so the magazine says anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

sup man nice buy!!!
    your gonna have fun building that, you are going to be glad you bought a kit it gives you a better understanding of the savage how it woreks and how it goes together.

the short answer to this is go to the hpi site www.hpi-europe.com download the manual for this savage and the first page it tells you everything you need

but here is a couple of opinions

>firstly its a pullstart so no need for the roto start (unless you want to upgrade to it)

>i would head straight down to halfords and get a nitro starter kit, that will give you a fuel bottle, glow igniter+ charger, and a glow plug wrench, all of which you definitly need. pick up some fuel while your there

>also see if they have extra glow plugs as you are likely to blow one or two under break-in (only a couple of euro)

>as for radio gear, id have to go against tallus on this, if you can get a 3 channel, it only needs a 2 channel but one of the first things you are going to want to get is the reverse gear and that needs a 3 channel radio + they are nearly the same price as the two channel so you may aswell.

>anything else you need will be things like glue, tools, batteriesetc (see site above)

kinda off topic now, but in my opinion the savage is a better truck than the revo, i think it takes alot more abuse and my first race with another truck was a revo just after my break-in (not at full tune) and well lets just say the revo got beat.

>coolwings<
    the SS range of hpi savages is aimed at a more experienced builder who they may believe has most of the above in there workshop, sure i have built a worlds winning vone RRR and hell that came with nothing, just a rolling chassis, plus it keeps costs down.

if people are worried about having to buy extra things to build a model buy an RTR and when you get it take it apart and rebuild it

god thats a long first post, hope it helps you david

I agree with projectgtr about the toughness of the savage, it's very well put together and well protected. Crashed mine a load of times, including hitting a tree full on at close to 30mph and not a mark on teh savvie.
    Can't comment on the Revo, never had one.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭davidmdickens

Thanks for all the help.
    I have got everything i need and i am almost done breaking it in
    just waiting for better weather

Advertisement