Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

bull bars

Options
  • 10-02-2007 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭

whats the regulation on bull bars and what types can be used
    how a bar can be
    can a a bar with headlight protector be used ,is there a link to it
    cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭$Leon$

They should be made illegal IMO
    They are dangerous and the only purpose they serve is to make sure that if you hit someone they suffer even more severe than if you didn't have them fitted.
    They were originally designed for use in the Australian outback where kangaroos jump out in front of vehicles, causing major damage to the vehicle, leaving the occupants stranded in a desert.
    Any kangaroos round Munster? Didn't think so. So the only reason you want them is to hurt people?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

$Leon$ wrote:
    They should be made illegal IMO
    They are dangerous and the only purpose they serve is to make sure that if you hit someone they suffer even more severe than if you didn't have them fitted.
    They were originally designed for use in the Australian outback where kangaroos jump out in front of vehicles, causing major damage to the vehicle, leaving the occupants stranded in a desert.
    Any kangaroos round Munster? Didn't think so. So the only reason you want them is to hurt people?
    you should like a kangaroo
    you one of goody boy:rolleyes:
    i use i jeep for work and if you had to use 4x4,you might have a little clue
    the again,think the kangaroo would give better answer

you should like a kangaroo
    you one of goody boy:rolleyes:
    i use i jeep for work and if you had to use 4x4,you might have a little clue
    the again,think the kangaroo would give better answer

Sorry don't understand the above ramblings.
    I often drive 4X4's as part of my job. Never seen the need to fit bull bars to them.
    What's your problem? Bump into things a lot ??? :confused:

$Leon$ wrote:
    Sorry don't understand the above ramblings.
    I often drive 4X4's as part of my job. Never seen the need to fit bull bars to them.
    What's your problem? Bump into things a lot ??? :confused:
    white collar are you
    :D

white collar are you
    :D

No. And I don't see the relevance of your question. (Assuming it was meant as a question?)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Beelzebub

There's already a thread on this:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055048396

They are banned in Britain?

http://bcc.gn.apc.org/oldnews.htm

"EU bans Bull Bars on new cars

New vehicles sold in the UK will no longer be allowed to be fitted with bull bars after an EU deal which banned them from 1 January 2002, on pedestrian safety grounds.

The European Safety Council estimates that 2000 lives could be saved each year in Europe, while 18,000 injuries could be prevented if bull bars were banned."

but it simple as i can ,you might understand
    are you with me so far
    i dont care what you think about bull bars or there use,didnt ask as most on these forums are againist 4x4
    i dont agree with people having bull bars for show,only for use in commerical use and farms
    so where you where thaling bull,got my answer
    cheers;)

Beelzebub wrote:
    There's already a thread on this:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055048396

They are banned in Britain?

http://bcc.gn.apc.org/oldnews.htm

"EU bans Bull Bars on new cars

New vehicles sold in the UK will no longer be allowed to be fitted with bull bars after an EU deal which banned them from 1 January 2002, on pedestrian safety grounds.

The European Safety Council estimates that 2000 lives could be saved each year in Europe, while 18,000 injuries could be prevented if bull bars were banned."
    cheers for reply
    all i asked
    cheers again

but it simple as i can ,you might understand
    are you with me so far
    i dont care what you think about bull bars or there use,didnt ask as most on these forums are againist 4x4
    i dont agree with people having bull bars for show,only for use in commerical use and farms
    so where you where thaling bull,got my answer
    cheers;)

You should really re-read your posts before you post. It makes them alot easier to understand.

So what your saying is it's ok for farmers and commercials to have them?
    They only reason these people have them is to reduce the financial cost to them selfs if they hit something.
    I can't see any reason to have them.

$Leon$ wrote:
    You should really re-read your posts before you post. It makes them alot easier to understand.

So what your saying is it's ok for farmers and commercials to have them?
    They only reason these people have them is to reduce the financial cost to them selfs if they hit something.
    I can't see any reason to have them.
    i said i dont care what you think for what reason they are used
    like others who do use them
    if you get hit by 4x4,van or truck,bull bar or not,would you survive,think not
    its speed with these types that kills ,the bull bar topic is weak,
    if people drove slower and speed limits,would get better results and others on foot also did same instead as they do in towns and citys ,like walking in front of a moving car,4x4,van,expecting them to stop etc
    these forums mostly have members that bash 4x4 any ways,so getting a reaction like i did here is no surprise,
    so again,i dont really care what people think of bull bars and there use
    get rid of some of F1 drivers,might help more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,283 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Keltic, it looks like English is not your first language. That's OK, but it does make your posts hard to understand.

Let's make it simple - a child hit by a 4x4 with no bull bars at 50kph will probably survive; a child hit by one with bull bars at the same speed will probably die. So, it can be a life or death situation.

Vehicles that use the public roads should not be allowed to have bull bars fitted. Full stop.

Not your ornery onager

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

As already said bullbars were covered in depth recently. If your post has nothing to do with the OPs queries (quoted below) and more to do with how you like/dislike them then post here...
    whats the regulation on bull bars and what types can be used
    how a bar can be
    can a a bar with headlight protector be used ,is there a link to it
    cheers

esel wrote:
    Keltic, it looks like English is not your first language. That's OK, but it does make your posts hard to understand.

Let's make it simple - a child hit by a 4x4 with bull bars at 50kph will probably survive; a child hit by one without bull bars at the same speed will probably die. So, it can be a life or death situation.

Vehicles that use the public roads should not be allowed to have bull bars fitted. Full stop.
    esel
    english is ok,but when l ask a simple question,would be nice to get simple answer
    no:rolleyes: ,you have the goody gang with the stats etc,when l didnt ask that question
    so maybe ,should read first post ,even you might understand with your type of english
    also as l have said several times
    didn't ask you about what damage it may do or not[don't agree with your stats]
    as not interested ;)
    hope you could follow;)

kbannon wrote:
    As already said bullbars were covered in depth recently. If your post has nothing to do with the OPs queries (quoted below) and more to do with how you like/dislike them then post here...
    was looking on regulation on bull bars ,not that basher post

was looking on regulation on bull bars ,not that basher post
    basher post? :confused:

esel wrote:
    Let's make it simple - a child hit by a 4x4 with bull bars at 50kph will probably survive; a child hit by one without bull bars at the same speed will probably die. So, it can be a life or death situation.

Think you've got that backwards there :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

didn't ask you about what damage it may do or not[don't agree with your stats]
    as not interested ;)

Well that's ok then. If you don't agree with the stats, why don't you just stick on the biggest heaviest bruts you can find. It'll look the job because that's all I think you care about - how it looks and NOT how practical it may be.

Cool:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,283 ✭✭✭✭Esel

$Leon$ wrote:
    Think you've got that backwards there :confused:

Oops! Thanks. Edited. :o

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Seinas

im getting bullbars made for my L200 at the moment.......

i'll post a pic when i get them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

why?

because it looks good....

besides, it looks bare at the moment. the plastic thing they have on the front of the new models is 1000euro and thats just plain stupid

Seinas wrote:

i'll post a pic when i get them
    cheers

Seinas wrote:

besides, it looks bare at the moment. the plastic thing they have on the front of the new models is 1000euro and thats just plain stupid
    totaly agree:D

haha thanks.....check your mail there in a minute, i'll give u a link to my bebo page so you can see a pic of it

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

The European Safety Council has estimated that 2,000 people die and 18,000 serious injuries are caused every year in Europe because of the use of bull bars.

So thats ok then...:rolleyes:
    the plastic thing they have on the front of the new models is 1000euro and thats just plain stupid

So don't buy it. The plastic ones are designed to be safer for pedestrians, they have some impact absorbsion in case of a collision, which is also safer for you than rigid bull bars.

I hope a kid never runs out in front of you when you are doing 35km/h, and cracks his skull on your shiny 'cool-looking' bullbars - and you have to live with the fact they he probably would have survived if you had not decided to put a lethal weapon on the front of your 'yee-hah' truck. There's a reason they are banned on new cars/trucks, but that clearly doesn't apply to you. Good luck with them, drive carefully.

Why not fit one of these in your L200? It does look cool!
    steering_spike.jpg
    I'll tell you why - because its obviously dangerous.
    Bull bars have pretty much the same effect on pedestrians in an accident!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

It amazes me how people don't care how they affect other people, even at the risk of lives, once they are happy with the look of their cars.
    Morons.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

the only type of Roobar worth gettin is the solid steel type that bolts directly to the Chasis, those plastic ones are useless, will kill pedestrians but wont save the front of your vehicle, ditto for aluminium ones, end up costin you more in a crash than it would have without them.

My landcruiser has steel ones and I have to say they have been invaluable to me especialy when driving at night. If your 4X4 has bargeboards I recomend getting the wing guards as well, basicly fully encases the front of the vehicle in steel, great when her trying to negotiate tight spaces gives you the confidence to run right up against the walls

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement