Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

bull bars

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

the only type of Roobar worth gettin is the solid steel type that bolts directly to the Chasis, those plastic ones are useless, will kill pedestrians but wont save the front of your vehicle, ditto for aluminium ones, end up costin you more in a crash than it would have without them.

My landcruiser has steel ones and I have to say they have been invaluable to me especialy when driving at night. If your 4X4 has bargeboards I recomend getting the wing guards as well, basicly fully encases the front of the vehicle in steel, great when her trying to negotiate tight spaces gives you the confidence to run right up against the walls
    This is a joke, right?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

image012.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Seinas

MadsL wrote:
    I hope a kid never runs out in front of you when you are doing 35km/h, and cracks his skull on your shiny 'cool-looking' bullbars - and you have to live with the fact they he probably would have survived if you had not decided to put a lethal weapon on the front of your 'yee-hah' truck. There's a reason they are banned on new cars/trucks, but that clearly doesn't apply to you. Good luck with them, drive carefully.

at the end of the day its my decision and at least im not like other teenagers who have supped up cars with modified exhausts and drive at crazy speeds......

• Registered Users Posts: 9,023 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Seinas wrote:
    at the end of the day its my decision and at least im not like other teenagers who have supped up cars with modified exhausts

When was the last time a modified exhaust killed anyone? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Seinas wrote:
    at the end of the day its my decision and at least im not like other teenagers who have supped up cars with modified exhausts and drive at crazy speeds......
    Of course you're not. You're worse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

It's that very reasoning that makes you every bit as as dangerous.
    You flatly refuse to see what people are saying here - that you increase may times your chances of killing someone at LOW speeds. And your only justification is " It''s my decision". This is why that decision will eventually be taken out of your hands. Roll on that day. I hope, if you do injure someone with your stupid bars, you can continue to justify it to yourself so easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Seinas wrote:

Yeah sure ...

What else is putting on a totally superfluos Bull bar but "souping up"?

The only reason why you're not driving at crazy speeds is because your yoke only moves slightly faster than a glacier :D

Face the truth .... your puttin on a bull bar is every bit as inconsiderate and dangerous as the behavior of those, as you call them, "other teenagers"

fine, i give up

but still like, its sick the way two of ye said you hope i injure/kill someone.........seriously, dont talk like that, even if you do think that will happen....

Maybe it's your inability to properly read what's written here that allows you to purchase bull bars with a clear conscience. Who said they hoped you injure someone? Personally, I said, I hoped IF you injure someone, you can live with it...

MadsL wrote:

I hope a kid never runs out in front of you when you are doing 35km/h, and cracks his skull on your shiny 'cool-looking' bullbars - and you have to live with the fact they he probably would have survived if you had not decided to put a lethal weapon on the front of your 'yee-hah' truck.

Listen, its my decision ok, why cant you just leave me be?!!!! please!

• Advertisement

Why can't you be a man and take on board what the good people here are telling you?

if it makes you feel any better, im not the one paying for the bullbars...........

Seinas wrote:
    if it makes you feel any better, im not the one paying for the bullbars...........

That just made me feel soooo much better !

Not!

What difference does it make who pays for the feckin things?

That makes ALL the difference...
    I'm sure if you hit a child, their parents will be much gratified by that fact as they spoon feed mush into their mouths as they loll to one side in their wheelchair.

Really, have you been reading this thread properly at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

Seinas wrote:

Of course not, the people who get hit are!

An L200... the thought makes one shiver! :)

IM NOT GOING TO GET BULLBARS ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY NOW?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :(

Yes.
    If we can believe you.

HAPPY NOW?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only if you waelly, weally mean it :D

yep, i just rang my father and told him i dont want one.......

but what about A-bars??

Did he send you to bed for being ungrateful?

They are the same thing, just a different shape.

• Advertisement

Anything hard and solid, without any "give" at the front of a car will impact severely on a pedestrian in case of an accident.
    The shape doesn't really matter.

If you absolutely want to make your L200 look "better" ...how about one of these chrome roll bars for the load bed?
    http://www.motoeurope.com/mach_l200_rollbars.html

Or one of those cool aluminium load bed covers that lifts up?
    link

That should get rid of Daddy's money quickly enough :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Sienas, dont let the pinko lefties bully you, if they had their way we'd all be driving poxy little smart cars out to the forest to hug trees.

If you want to put bullbars on your ute then do it, thats the beauty of living in a free society you are allowed to do things because YOU want to and you should'nt be made feel guilty for it.

The other posters are part of the hand wringing 'wont somebody think of the children' brigade, Joe duffy caller, types. their smug moral superiority is the only thing that gives meaning to their empty existences.

as for Killing children I may cause more outrage now by suggesting that people keep their kids out of F*ckin traffic

• Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I may cause more outrage now by suggesting that people keep their kids out of F*ckin traffic

Idiot. You obviously have no kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

If you want to put bullbars on your ute then do it, thats the beauty of living in a free society you are allowed to do things because YOU want to and you should'nt be made feel guilty for it.

Ute? Is D4 the new outback?

FYI in a free society not everyone can do what they want to do. That is called an anarchy. In a free and civilized society people at least give consideration to others when making decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

see the goody boys are still at it ,talking bull:D as normal

Sienas, dont let the pinko lefties bully you, if they had their way we'd all be driving poxy little smart cars out to the forest to hug trees.

The other posters are part of the hand wringing 'wont somebody think of the children' brigade, Joe duffy caller, types. their smug moral superiority is the only thing that gives meaning to their empty existences.

as for Killing children I may cause more outrage now by suggesting that people keep their kids out of F*ckin traffic
    right on:D

Seinas wrote:
    yep, i just rang my father and told him i dont want one.......

but what about A-bars??
    Seinas
    get what you like,don;t mind this much of grannys
    next month they will giving out about something else
    they always at it:cool:

Quite the judgement there Mahatma. Empty existences, eh? The only thing empty is your head, if you really believe all that. It took KELTICKNIGHTT three consecutive posts to make any sort of point, which like yours was half-baked and inflamatory.

Just as well that the EU will take that particular decision out of the hands of free spirits like yourselves before long.

THAT'S a free society, where people are protected from the actions of the selfish and the downright stupid.

Can we lock this before any further knuckle-dragging takes place, please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

overdriver wrote:
    It took KELTICKNIGHTT three consecutive posts to make any sort of point, which like yours was half-baked and inflamatory.

Making a point? I thought he was just throwing up random letters and clicking "post".

At least that's how it looks from here. No further proof needed that bullbars are the badge of the inconsiderate thug.
    overdriver wrote:
    Can we lock this before any further knuckle-dragging takes place, please?

Yes, please. Some of us have children.

• Advertisement

you mean you are children:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement