Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

I'm bloody sick of it ...

Options
  • 10-02-2007 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭

...all those yummy mummys in their Canyoneros forcing me into the ditch every morning ...I've had it :mad:

My next car is going to be this one:
    776b_27.JPG
    link

Anyone any idea what the tax and insurance would be on this? :D
    (I'm serious !)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

I remember seeing a documentary on the boxer, Chwis Euuuubanks, and he had the same idea as yours.
    He used to pop down to the shops in a Scania tractor unit (or something like that, anyway):D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I think he caused a crash too, killing some poor unfortunate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

I often dream about mounting a crossbow behind the front grille (with option flames!) so that I can blast people who insist on sitting in the fast(Conor Faughnan)(read OVERTAKING) lane.
    Also a smoke machine for the rear of the car to ward off tail-gaters. Possibly a machine that shoots ball bearings too.
    Might be a bit extreme for a school run, thank God no kids yet!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

I take my NewHolland tractor. If they don't pull in I just shut off the engine and smile. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,992 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

gyppo wrote:
    I remember seeing a documentary on the boxer, Chwis Euuuubanks, and he had the same idea as yours.
    He used to pop down to the shops in a Scania tractor unit (or something like that, anyway):D

*puts on anorack*

I think Chwis had a Kenworth W900. ;)http://www.kenworth.com/2100_vir_w900.asp

OP - you'll have to remove the fifth wheel or else you will require a Category C+E (artic) licence even if you never draw a trailer. If it weighs over 7.5 tonnes you'll need a Category C (rigid) licence. Otherwise you'll require a C1. Now which do you have? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

OP - you'll have to remove the fifth wheel or else you will require a Category C+E (artic) licence even if you never draw a trailer. If it weighs over 7.5 tonnes you'll need a Category C (rigid) licence. Otherwise you'll require a C1. Now which do you have? :D

I've got the whole hog ...full C/E licence ...courtesy of the German army :D

btw ...anybody ever driven a truck while wearing a gas mask? Weird experience, I tell ya ...

peasant wrote:
    I've got the whole hog ...full C/E licence ...courtesy of the German army :D
    Fair play, got the full 14 myself .....at my expense. :)

peasant wrote:
    anybody ever driven a truck while wearing a gas mask?
    :eek: Kinky lot you campers! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

:eek: Kinky lot you campers! :D

ROFL :)

It's actually part of the army driving training (though not on public roads). It really IS weird ...you can't see a thing, just straight ahead and whenever you turn your head to look out the side or into your mirrors you hit the gas filter off the side window :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I think Chwis had a Kenworth W900. ;)http://www.kenworth.com/2100_vir_w900.asp

Looks the biz. Complete with Cobra CB radio - looks like a 146 (or similar)

Now who's the anorak :D

crosstownk wrote:
    looks like a 146 (or similar)

Now who's the anorak :D
    :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Actually I think its more like a 29 > http://www.geocities.com/mag62uk/cobra_29gtl.jpg

Gets coat..............No, wait - gets anorak. 10-4 :D

crosstownk wrote:
    10-4 :D
    "That's a big 10-4 crosstownk, keep the shiny side up and the greasy side down". :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

I often dream about mounting a crossbow behind the front grille (with option flames!) so that I can blast people who insist on sitting in the fast(Conor Faughnan)(read OVERTAKING) lane.
    Also a smoke machine for the rear of the car to ward off tail-gaters. Possibly a machine that shoots ball bearings too.
    Might be a bit extreme for a school run, thank God no kids yet!!!

And that yoke that squirts out an oil slick - watch 'em slide!!!

Advertisement