Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property Management companys.

Options
  • 10-02-2007 9:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Just wondering if anybody else has problems with their property management company supposed to be employed to take care of our apartment blocks. I'm living in Tolka Vale since Late August of last year and in that time I have had my bicycle stolen out of the underground "secure" parking facilities, my car window smashed also in our underground parking facilities, the lift from the basement to the upper levels out of order on more than one occasion and just last week there was a fire in my apartment when my wife was sleeping and the fire alarms failed to go off, only for my neighbours noticed a smell of smoke and called the fire brigade. Oh and get this when they tried to break the glass on the alarm swithces so that the building could be evacuated the glass would not break. And all this for over €1400 a year. Welcome to rip-off Ireland.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

€1,400 sweet jesus, I own a property a semi-d and am paying only €450 a year and must have attacked every Fianna Fail councillor in the county over it. Over 10yrs with that sort of carry on you'd have paid out a large percentage of money that would have knocked a nice chunk off the Mortgage.

My signature covers it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

just last week there was a fire in my apartment when my wife was sleeping and the fire alarms failed to go off, only for my neighbours noticed a smell of smoke and called the fire brigade.

Do you not have a fire alarm inside the apartment?

Point taken about the Mgt Co being responsible for common areas etc. though.

We've been promised some protection against the companies for months now - nada has happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 ouldscratch

Do you not have a fire alarm inside the apartment?

Point taken about the Mgt Co being responsible for common areas etc. though.

We've been promised some protection against the companies for months now - nada has happened.
    That's my whole point Mugger, there is a fire alarm network that links all the apartments so that when one alarm goes off they all go off. Now the management company is claiming that someone that lives in the building must have switched it off and that it is not their problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

That's my whole point Mugger, there is a fire alarm network that links all the apartments so that when one alarm goes off they all go off. Now the management company is claiming that someone that lives in the building must have switched it off and that it is not their problem.
    Well you hardly think the management company decided one day "lets go and deactivate the fire alarm for fun". The fire panels are usually left in an open area, so it would be quite easy for someone to deactivate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Rebska

cast_iron wrote:
    Well you hardly think the management company decided one day "lets go and deactivate the fire alarm for fun". The fire panels are usually left in an open area, so it would be quite easy for someone to deactivate it.

No - they're not quite that evil, but I don't think they feel any urgency to fix broken alarms. Ours gets deactivated by residents frequently because it goes off unnecessarily. Brings to mind something about crying wolf. I always ring the fire brigade b/c I'm not willing to take a chance. The last time the fire brigade took 25 minutes to find the building, then a resident explained that she deactivated the alarm just before they arrived because it had been broken since the last alarm a week before. I asked the one of the firemen were there not regulations and accountabilities regarding alarms and public safety. The resident chimed in, "Oh, but the company tried to fix it. They just can't."

Ok - so they're merely incompetent. That'll make it so much better when our home burns down.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 GERMINATOR

....and the PD's. The countries future is in your hands!

Advertisement