Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physics mocks

• 10-02-2007 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Can any one tell me what came up on their physicc mock paper please I am desperate for help
    eg which 4 experiments etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

why bother cheating for the mocks? they mean nothing and for you and you alone... if you do well coz of cheating then you're not going to study for the real thing... pointless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

^Seconded.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Puddle-Jumper

I am not being asked to be judged I am asking for help....at least a few tips come on

help with what? noone cares if you do bad in mocks... they are a way to help you time out and reason with your leaving cert papers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Jesus. A sudden lack of generosity seems to have come upon this forum.

I dunno what's on the physics as I haven't done them yet. I wouldn't worry, yer probably bollixed anyway...

• Advertisement

Jesus. A sudden lack of generosity seems to have come upon this forum.

I dunno what's on the physics as I haven't done them yet. I wouldn't worry, yer probably bollixed anyway...

Thanks anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Steoob wrote:
    why bother cheating for the mocks? they mean nothing and for you and you alone... if you do well coz of cheating then you're not going to study for the real thing... pointless

Actually i don't agree, because if you know what is coming up you will learn everything off perfectly so you do well.. And then thats a large chunk of the course learnt for the leaving cert itself..

While if you havent a clue about whats going to come up and you havent done any study you could just say fek it im gona fail and not do anything ;)

So in a way spoliers for the mocks are a good thing ;)

you're not seeing my point and im not going to waste my time explaining it...

OP i could type out every question for you that came up on my paper but im not because
    1) mocks are different all over the country... your school buys them from different sources
    and
    2) you wouldn't learn anything... its like copying someone else's homework.. pointless.. maybe back in the day of primary school where homework was done because you'd get in trouble it was ok but incase you didn't know the leaving cert is about you and noone gives a **** whether you do well or not except for you so cop on and do some study

Steoob wrote:
    you're not seeing my point and im not going to waste my time explaining it...

OP i could type out every question for you that came up on my paper but im not because
    1) mocks are different all over the country... your school buys them from different sources
    and
    2) you wouldn't learn anything... its like copying someone else's homework.. pointless.. maybe back in the day of primary school where homework was done because you'd get in trouble it was ok but incase you didn't know the leaving cert is about you and noone gives a **** whether you do well or not except for you so cop on and do some study

Read Weathercheck he makes a good point

i was replying to him... it was him i didn't want to explain my point to

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

While if you havent a clue about whats going to come up and you havent done any study you could just say fek it im gona fail and not do anything ;)
    Same logic applies to if you do well in the mocks due to spoilers and you've only studied a select area of the course you could just say feck it, I did well in the mocks, and not do any more study.

Mocks = trial run for the leaving cert, therefore you should not know waht's coming up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Time to change the thread name?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

No offence but why would you cheat for the mocks?
    Do you want to be horribly surprised come august?
    Mocks are a somewhat accurate progress indicator.....thats it!
    At least a poor mock exam would encourage you to get working for the real deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Tingo

While all of that is true, how many people got hints and tips from their teachers on what's coming up? They are hardly doing it to screw us all over for the leaving cert. ;)

Puddle-jumper is better off studying a few areas properly than trying to skim over everything. I don't think that way works. He probably won't remember half of it, and that's such a waste of time.

In the real thing, you can (well kinda) predict which experiments are most likely coming up and study them, however in the mocks you can't. :cool: They have their own crazy pattern. So, this isn't really giving anyone anymore information than they might have for the leaving.

The Experiments on my mock;

Question 1: Mechanics experiment. Know diagrams and graphs quite well.

Question 2: Temperature experiment. Know how to do those calculations.

Question 3: Optics experiment. Diagram, method.

Question 4: Electricity experiment. To be honest, I didn't even look at this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Avapxia

Actually i don't agree, because if you know what is coming up you will learn everything off perfectly so you do well.. And then thats a large chunk of the course learnt for the leaving cert itself..

So in a way spoliers for the mocks are a good thing ;)

Agreed ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭madgal

The thought that someone might know what is coming up is very tempting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

If he wants to know, it's none of your business to be honest. You don't know him and chances are it won't affect you.

Exps that came up on mine were Boyles law, temp./resistance for a thermister and to find the focal length of a concave mirror

Im heading off to do Phys now and to say im screwed is abit of an understatement! Im talking 10% stuff:o

Could not of went much worse today..

Made some stupid errors even on the parts that i should of known which werent very numerous..

Wouldnt be surprised to come away with something like 20% :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Hopkirk

Did my physics mock today, For experiments know Boyles, Focal Length of concave Mirror, Resistance of thermistor with temperature, Specific Latent heat of Fusion. There was also a question about Elementary Particles (Quarks, Anti-Quarks etc...) and a question about semi conductors, (n-type. p-type). Also know about thermometric properties, kelvins to degrees.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Cathy07

Tanx for d hints guys but does ne1 kno if waves and wave motion, and electricity chapters are coming up on d DEB papers??

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭cookiemonst3r

Hopkirk wrote:
    Did my physics mock today, For experiments know Boyles, Focal Length of concave Mirror, Resistance of thermistor with temperature, Specific Latent heat of Fusion. There was also a question about Elementary Particles (Quarks, Anti-Quarks etc...) and a question about semi conductors, (n-type. p-type). Also know about thermometric properties, kelvins to degrees.

did u get a question on circular motion??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Hopkirk

No, Q6 had to do with velocity, acceleration etc,

You had to derive S=ut+1/2at^2, and there were a couple of easy definitions.
    Hope that helps.........

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭cookiemonst3r

aw no im gettin a different paper to u so! did anyone get the other one??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Shox

can anybody help me with the paper wit the sound exp on it or any help with the boyles law exp on it

I got 1 totally different

One with the meter stick - moments thing

One with resistance temperature on a metal

One with the frequency of a stretched string

One on the fusion of ice or sumthing.. i forget

flunked it with flying colours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Cathy07

Does electromagnetic induction appear on the DEM paper?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Roney89

I need more info about the physics mocks fast. I have mine tommorow. Any info at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Fool 5000

Did my test today. I think it was the same one as Weathercheck did :eek:
    And guess what ,I failed it with flying colours too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Roney89

what was on the test though

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement