Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgent! Advice Needed!! Tiling uneven floor tomorrow!! (porcelain)

Options
  • 10-02-2007 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭

I'm in a quandry.

I've got porceain tiles. I'm hoping to tile all of the kitchen, hall and downstairs bathroom with the same porcelain tiles.

The problem is I can see a noticeable rise in one area of the kithen.

It looks like a MAX of 5 mm in height difference in the area of the rise.

I REALLY REALLY want to get into the tiling and not spend lots of time on levelling compound. Especially if because I need levelling compound for this area of the kitchen will I need to continue the use of the levelling compound into the hall and downstairs bathroom (because everything else is comletely level).

It seems such a waste when the area with the rise must only be 1 square yard in total.

Help!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I guess its too late for you but;

So you have one section that is approx 5mm higher than the rest of the floor...
    If its such a small area you should be able to conceal it by using different amounts of tile adhesive and putting a slight slope to the floor in that section.
    As long as you dont try to suddenly jump up 5mm it should be fine...

Advertisement