Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen :(

Options
  • 10-02-2007 11:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

So dam annoying that the little scum bags can get away with this really pissed that they have taken my bicycle and i have no way of getting around.

Anyone have any solutions to this not happening again?

Also need somewhere open on a Sunday where i can buy a new one around the Rathmines area.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

have had piles of bikes stolen. never leave them outside now, not great if you can't do it though. think the bike shop on rathmines road is open 2-6 on sundays?

Sorry about the loss, but I'm confused about the smiley face.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Mucco

namit wrote:
    Anyone have any solutions to this not happening again?

This is what I use, though it doesn't guarantee anything, so best not to use a good bike in town:
    http://www.abus.de/us/main.asp?ScreenLang=us&sid=581783473014816110220078115225523&select=0104b01&artikel=4003318229756

M

• Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Myth wrote:
    Sorry about the loss, but I'm confused about the smiley face.

they have stolen the nose from his face.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

Commuting solutions in Rathmines is open today. As is the Cycle Superstore in Tallaght.

To avoid (or reduce the risk of) having your bike stolen:
    Buy a heavy duty lock (not a cheap U-lock or cable). Decent locks aren't cheap.
    Never leave your bike locked up outside overnight.
    Always lock to an immovable object in a busy area.
    Don't lock the bike in the same place every day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭namit

Thanks lads got a new one just there down in rathmines

bought an abuse lock

Thanks agian

Advertisement