Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honours Irish Mocks tips Desperate!!!

Options
  • 11-02-2007 1:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭

Hey Im desperate to know what the sceal headings were in the honours Irish paper 1 were? Ive trawled the tips threads and I cant find a mention of them..Dying for help here!

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

Won't do you too much good in June!

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Mackleton

Well Im not a touch worried about june because I will have everything covered by then its just I have a retarded Irish teacher who doesnt seem to be too stressed about anything, never mind having the course covered!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭the-furbo

Theres about three posts with all the irish up further down, just read them!

Ya as I said Ive searched all the the tips and there wasnt even a mention of the sceal titles, aistes were there but no sceals..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭analyse this

has anyone done the paper that has Gealt and Oiche Nollaig na Mban?? i know that they are coming up in our one!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Spank

The sceals on my paper were Nil saoi gan locht and Gra.

Spank if those come up I will officially marry you, is that the same paper that had Bimse Buan as compulsory, Jack or Faoiseamh a Gheobhadhsa and Uirchill or Magdilena? In other words was it DEB or what? By the way you have no idea how grateful I am for anything you can tell me about it, like stair for example...he he

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Spank

Thats the one. Can't remember the stair question, although I did Bealoideas and cuirte na filliocht or whatever that is lol.

You are a saviour, believe me when I say that what you've told me has taken some of the pressure off! Thanks a million!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭glenroe2006

md99 wrote:
    Won't do you too much good in June!

Oh my God. People are so irritating.

• Advertisement

I completely agree with you, that sort of begrudging, looking down their nose attitude is seriosly annoying. That post sounds like its from someone who isnt currently sitting an exam and can just sit back and criticise others who are. And criticizing people who have 6 or more other exams on top of it. I personally hadnt even thought of getting tips except that I stumbled across them here. Im hardly going to pass up the chance to take some pressure off myself. I agree that Im only fooling myself in the long run but as someone else said, better to revise the stuff after the mocks then to get a big fat F in all of them. Sorry for the rant but there you are

I'm in the middle of my pre's, with 5 exams to go, having put in the hours and LEARNED most of what I needed to learn.

You say you're 'only fooling yourself in the long run', well thats all I'm pointing out, and you admit it so there should be no problem.

'Im hardly going to pass up the chance to take some pressure off myself.'

You're not, maybe. I could have got tips for all my pre's, but I held back. I'd rather an honest grade, even if it's a bad one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭glenroe2006

md99 wrote:
    I'm in the middle of my pre's, with 5 exams to go, having put in the hours and LEARNED most of what I needed to learn.

You say you're 'only fooling yourself in the long run', well thats all I'm pointing out, and you admit it so there should be no problem.

'Im hardly going to pass up the chance to take some pressure off myself.'

You're not, maybe. I could have got tips for all my pre's, but I held back. I'd rather an honest grade, even if it's a bad one.

I'm really happy for you, but at the end of the day, no one here asking for tips wants your preaching about honest grades.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭geminilady

i dont do honours but bean og came up cause my friend did it

Listen, thats your choice if you want "honest grades" but then
    number 1. What are you doing looking at a tips thread? and
    number 2. If you have your stuff learned, (which I do too by the way Im just not going to waste my time revising stuff that isnt coming up)
    Then you basically came here with the intention of judging other people which is pretty sad if thats the case. If you dont want tips thats your choice no ones forcing you but criticising people who do is ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

I have to agree with mackleton here. While the number of tips/hints threads appearing is slightly annoying (mainly cos they just clog up the board, and like i've said already one stickied topic/ one subject per thread may help somewhat) to come in here preaching about the whole moral issue and bragging about having the work done is doing no-one any help. If you disagree with these threads then stay away, I've even created a thread (High Horse) for people to bitch about these threads in.

*With A Jesus Like Air* Shouldn't we all try to help/support each other during this year? :D

I'm sorry guys, in school I am always the first to help out those in need of it. I guess all these tips threads just got to me as cson mentions. I only mentioned this 'work done' thing to show my original post was not (solely) out of ignorance!

Here here! absolutely. That guy actually made me feel bad about looking for the sceal headings but in fairness the mocks mean nothing in the long run so why not have a bit of help, or just even just share what we know. I sat the DEB honours english paper today and only that I had seen the Macbeth kingship tip last nights and scraped a plan and a few quotes together I would have been lost. I had 3 other Macbeth titles learnt off and would it have been fair that I fail over that? Anyway Im glad to share the love. Anyone looking for the Deb english can private message me and Il tell them whatever they want to know. If us leaving certs cant stick together then we're all doomed, doomed I say!( Sorry bout getting theatrical!)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

This kinda reminds me of something I seen on the GOD channel (dont ask) once :p anyway, we're all in the same boat so we should help each other

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭analyse this

im pretty sure ours has gealt,fiche blian ag fas, oiche nollaig na mban and an essay on drink in ireland. has anyone done it?

• Advertisement

Mackleton wrote:
    Here here! absolutely. That guy actually made me feel bad about looking for the sceal headings but in fairness the mocks mean nothing in the long run so why not have a bit of help, or just even just share what we know. I sat the DEB honours english paper today and only that I had seen the Macbeth kingship tip last nights and scraped a plan and a few quotes together I would have been lost. I had 3 other Macbeth titles learnt off and would it have been fair that I fail over that? Anyway Im glad to share the love. Anyone looking for the Deb english can private message me and Il tell them whatever they want to know. If us leaving certs cant stick together then we're all doomed, doomed I say!( Sorry bout getting theatrical!)

We had the same paper, I thought it was a very fair and relatively easy one! Although I mistimed the second paper and had barely enough time to answer on Frost, but ah well.

Do you remember the unseen poem? Man, that guy was a hypocrite!

Advertisement