Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with case transplant

Options
  • 11-02-2007 11:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭

Hi Guys

novice here, just tried to do a transplant of the bit from my FSC to a Coolermaster Mystique case.

Upgraded the PSU to 500W OCZ.

Just finished wiring it all up and although the power led on the motherboard is lighting the system just won't fire up off the power button.

Any tips would be appreciated.

thanks

W

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Triple-check your front-panel connections.

If that fails, consider taking the mobo and psu out of the case and laying the mobo on a non-conductive surface.
    Check the standoffs in the mobo tray, ATX spec normally uses 9. Check that your board has 9 holes, and that the standoffs are in the right locations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭WillieDH

Thanks, actually got it up and running, stupid thing wrong, had sata power lead plugged in wrong.

Id removed the CMOS battery ( after reading something on the web ) and now I get the following error on reboot

"CMOS Settings wrong"

system still boots up ok after

How do I get rid of that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Go into your BIOS and configure it (maybe by 'load defaults', with some tweaking), save settings, reboot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭WillieDH

IT LIVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks a million for your help, thats what I needed to do.

looks fab I'm chuffed to bits, Coolermaster Mystique 632 case

Much better than my stock case.

Advertisement