Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who has a hangover?

• 11-02-2007 11:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

How many boardys have a hangover at preasent, Im not too bad, a disprin should do the trick.

Who has a hang over? 42 votes

Hanging like a bag of testicles:(
    0% 0 votes
    Not too bad but i still have one.
    33% 14 votes
    I wish i had one, im broke:(
    47% 20 votes
    Clear as a bird
    19% 8 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

:(

Carlsberg on top of Guinness is not a good idea. fs.

Awake for the last few hours, watched the Departed and hoped I'd feel better.

2xPanadol should kick in soon.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,654 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Hangovers aren't really somethin to brag about .... unless you're 17! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Bit of a headache, nothing a few paracetamol won't sort!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

faceman wrote:
    Are you 17?:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

this is my second weekend in a row staying in....i'm feeling pretty good about that. might go and celebrate tonight with a few pints..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,654 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Plug wrote:
    Are you 17?:p

for the last 12 years!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,003 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

No hangover.. no money (last weeked before payday)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I seemed to have missed the hangover I was due yesterday, and got both Friday and Saturday nights hangovers today...its sick :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Not a hangover - but I do have the taste of last night in my mouth (and its pretty ****ing filthy)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Not a hangover - but I do have the taste of last night in my mouth (and its pretty ****ing filthy)
    Now what kind of taste would that be?:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭bolliwoodi

im not only hungover- my hands in bandages- my m8 slammed the van door on my hand last night

oh the pain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

2 panadol and a pint of water before i went to bed last night has prevented me from getting one. Thank you brainiac!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I rarely get hangovers anymore. I think once you get over about 22 you tend to drink a lot less by default; not to mention the fact I usually watch a music dvd and have a big pint of water when i get home!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

i went to bed at half 9 last night and woke up feeling horrible. if i had been drinking perhaps haqngover and flu would temporarily cancel each other out

Red Alert wrote:
    I rarely get hangovers anymore. I think once you get over about 22 you tend to drink a lot less by default; not to mention the fact I usually watch a music dvd and have a big pint of water when i get home!
    I meant to do that but I passed out.

Now, time to get up and drink off this hangover :D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Water before bed is your friend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Caliden wrote:
    2 panadol and a pint of water before i went to bed last night has prevented me from getting one. Thank you brainiac!
    Did they actually recommend that on TV? That's hugely irresponsible of them. It's really bad to run paracetamol through a liver that is already over worked form processing large amounts of alcohol. If you must take something go with aspirin or ibuprofen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Oh dear God my head is sore from alcohol.

Water, why do you refuse to hydrate me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Hard Larry

Sleep is your friend! i've been a bender all weekend and have to say i'm fellin' fine.

I recommend;

Sleep,
    Water

and

Americas Next Top Model all day.

God bless them skinny backstabbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

kaimera wrote:
    :(

Carlsberg on top of Guinness is not a good idea. fs.

Ah that's nothing, try multiple cans of Smithwicks, Carlsberg, Bud, Heineken, & a shot of 95% vol. piss water that I have!

Nevertheless, woke up with pretty much no hangover. I usually don't suffer hangovers, but when I do........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I was pretty good yesterday.. had a pint at lunch. Then went out for 3 - 4 comfortable pints last night.

Feeling pretty damn good today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭UnReg123

i don't get hangovers.... .so YAY for me!! :D

I'm feeling a bit ropey, Last night was 3rd night out in a row I went to sword's for a change
    It was the ****est night out of the 3 and I shouldn't have went now!
    I'm going out tonight to a comedy gig so should be good
    I'm not feeling too hungover as I woke at 8 this morning and had a cold shower and then had a few more hour's sleep!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

I drank about half a shoulder of vodka last night (which somehow only cost me €5 in Spar. Although it was called something like Vodkova, or something similarly reputable...) but actually feel fine today. Didn't really get drunk, more tired than anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

Not a drop of alcohol has touched these lips....

I'll make up for it next week ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

bluto63 wrote:
    Not a drop of alcohol has touched these lips....

I'll make up for it next week ;)
    Likewise... 2 friends are celebrating their birthday on Saturday, can't wait!

I haven't drank a drop of alcohol in well over a week in fact (2 dry weekends in a row, that has to be some kind of record for me!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Friday night, I had €20. I went over to a mates to share 15 bottles of Fosters, drank a naggin of Smirnoff with a can of Pepsi (!!!!) smoked some of the strongest stuff we've gotten down here for a while, then hit the town at which everything became a blur. Got to work at 11 on Saturday and my boss took off. The girl I was on with was a ****ing legend as she did all the work and I slumped off to the store room and contemplated killing myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Jamey

Oh work was hell today. Bad hangover indeed. Down to the ol' Buckfast of course. And the various assorted drinks that went with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Drank 6 beers and a bottle of vodka yesterday so yeah, I felt like crap all day.
    Now off the booze until Paddys.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Jamey

What about rag week biko? I think your from Galway anyways!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

faceman wrote:

well said!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Why should we be all drunk? Did I miss something :p ? Oh wait it's Ireland :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Red Alert wrote:
    I think once you get over about 22 you tend to drink a lot less by default

I may have missed that memo :(

I came in last night and drank pints and pints of water in the hope that it'd magic me better, but it didn't.. I actually felt like I was drowning at one point, so I stopped.

Wine + Stella gives quite the almighty headache actually :o Oh well, better luck next time ey :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,003 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Don't really get hangovers anymore (not like I used to anyway! :D) but I agree that as you get a bit older, you're just not as able/don't want as many pints as you used to :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,463 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

No hair of the dog for this kid! It's called a fist full of asprin!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Plug wrote:
    Now what kind of taste would that be?:p

Ale, Lager, Gin, Sambuka and J

Sound good to you?

I am certainly going to have a sickening hangover in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

I had one yesterday.
    I work weekends in a bar, we finished work at 5:30am. Had a few drinks. Then at 6:30am we went to another bar in the city. Loads of bar staff go there after work from different bars. It was weird, everyone was wearing black or white shirts. That bar closed just after 9am, wobbled home to sleep.
    Got up at 2pm to i mini hangover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Whats a hangover? What am I missing? :p

I might have one ... I went for a hair of the dog at a comedy gig
    but the laughter might help fend off the hangover, Great night!
    A couple of pint's and a few giggles with the girly = great hangover cure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

8 cans on friday night seemed like a good idea at the time. Somehow that turned into 8 cans, a trip to the pub, more cans afterwards and me waking at 3pm on saturday, eating some noodles and going back asleep until 8. Then another 11 cans which left me completely wrecked yesterday. 6 cans last night and I'm not too bad today. just a bit groggy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Out Friday evening/night. Was wrecked Saturday. Went out at 12:30 Saturday and home at about 9 that night. Was fairly shattered yesterday. Was supposed to go out again but had the dinner and stayed in. Grand this morning. Although I have a notion to go for a few this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

rb_ie wrote:
    I am certainly going to have a sickening hangover in the morning.
    Oh wow I'm psychic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Jamey wrote:
    What about rag week biko? I think your from Galway anyways!
    No rag week madness for me. I was gonna give up fags and drink for lent but decided to give up just drink and then only 'til Paddy's.
    5 long weeks ahead of me :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

rb_ie wrote:
    Oh wow I'm psychic.

Drink more I say, then PM me with some 'apparently' random numbers.. 6 or 7 will do.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I've a sort-of hangover (not the 'i am still drunk so feel great' type of hangover either)

Never gotten hangovers, hurrah

anyway haven't had any alcohol since um... october, I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,927 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

faceman wrote:

but damn was that ever a year....Oh man, I don't remember what happened to me on Paddy's Day that year; there sure was a lot of my blood on the front door though :D

Overheal wrote:
    but damn was that ever a year....Oh man, I don't remember what happened to me on Paddy's Day that year; there sure was a lot of my blood on the front door though :D
    Is that supposed to be a good thing?

• Advertisement
Advertisement