Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

uk university and personal statement/reference

Options
  • 11-02-2007 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭

I’m in my third year of a journalism degree in Ireland and wish to transfer to a UK university next September. I’ve got to write a personal statement and get a reference, any tips on what I should include in my personal statement considering that I’d going into the final year?. What is the expected length for the statement and reference. Advice on what should be stressed in the reference? (I’ve got sway you see ;))

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 acuv

Hi, heres an example, for reference, personal statements are a pain to write. having done my fair share of them hope this gives you an idea and you find it helpful.(apologies if not:D )

Studying journalism over the past 3 yrs in DCU has really motivated me to want a long term career in the field. I am proud of my achievements since beginning my studies and settled in well as a student. The course includes a comprehansive range of modules such as............... A module I found particularly intersting was....( and why)) (relate to perhaps specific interest in journalism))...
    I would like the oppertunity to transfer to your university where I can further consolidate my learning and progress towards becoming a journalist.

I am a highly enthusiastic and motivated individual with excellent interpersonal & communication skills. I have the ability to work on my own initiative, as part of a team and I am always keen to learn new skills and achieve high standards.
    When I have the oppertunity I enjoy (insert hobbies, personal interests)

Usually they are an A4 page or 3/4 page long..
    Hope this gives a rough idea:)

Advertisement