Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newspaper Article - Possible Takeover

Options
  • 11-02-2007 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭

Just reading The People and there is an interesting article on the inside back page. Its in relation to a possible takeover by Vice Chairman Paul Kemsley. Its states that he has expressed an interest in purchasing the 32.7% stake that ENIC hold. It goes on to say that if he was succesful, he would appoint his good friend Harry Redknapp as manager and get rid of Jol and Commoli.

It says that Levy is very unhappy with the teams progression this season and that he is unhappy that Jol and Comolli dont communicate at all !!! Also he says that the clubs wage bill as higher than ever and that its not good enough for were the club are !!

Could be complete garbage but who knows !!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Hatch99 wrote:
    It says that Levy is very unhappy with the teams progression this season and that he is unhappy that Jol and Comolli dont communicate at all !!! Also he says that the clubs wage bill as higher than ever and that its not good enough for were the club are !!

Tabloid, so I'll take with a large pinch of salt, but if levy really thinks our wages bill is too high than he can do one. You speculate to accumulate in football, we are a very well run side financially, with very little debt to service, and can afford to push out the boat a little more. We've offloaded high earners from the wage bill, what else does he expect us to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

I suspect it just idle tabloid talk aimed at trying to destabilise us further.
    Most of the tabloids have it in for us, so i don't even bother reading them anymore ....

Advertisement