Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows XP vs. Windows Vista Performance ATI & Nvidia

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

They have been posted here before in a few prior threads ATI's is much better out of the gate vs NVIDIA which is why they took a lot of flak. The improvements in BF2 under Vista with the X1900XT were also interesting probably in part to the lower latency of Vista's new driver architecture.

Still if big on gaming I'd wait another few months if contemplating using Vista to give ATI & NVIDIA time to refine & fix the bugs in their drivers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Yeah, source engine games, which are 99% of what I play, seem to perform terribly on Vista with nVidia's current drivers. Hopefully they'll pull the finger out and get it sorted soon.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

It's a new version of windows that can't use drivers from older versions. This means there will be teething problems. Nothing different to every other version of windows in this respect.

A lot of people like me won't consider vista debugged and settled down till the first major service pack (or the unlikely event of it being Ok enough not to need one in the medium term)

Advertisement