Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home plug Ethernet question

Options
  • 11-02-2007 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

Hey guys. First off I don't know if this is the right forum for this question, so I apologise if I'm posting in the wrong area. I am a noob when it comes to networks and the like but I have a question regarding the Home plug ethernet solution I just bought. I have a phone line in my house on the ground floor. To this I have connected my DSL modem and wireless router etc. I have a home plug ethernet connector running from the wireless router (Linksys) and another one up stairs in my room. My question is this, the DSL connector that comes from the home plug ethernet connection in my room, is their an adapter that I can use to change this DSL RJ45 to an RJ11 connector (phone line) so I can use for the sky box in my room? I have no idea if this is possible or just a waste of time.

Any advice would be appreciated.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭ST

You won't be able to convert the network signal back into a phone-line easily.

I think you can buy a similar device to your home plug ethernet connectors which will send the phoneline to another socket, although I don't know if the two devices would interfere with each other when used on the same mains wiring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 liquidb

cheers mate. I'll have a look around for something similar for the phone line.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭ST

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?TabID=1&ModuleNo=97658&doy=13m2

Here's a link for product from Maplins. Pricey, but might do the trick.

Might be cheaper to get a phone extension socket fitted upstairs and move your router there.

Advertisement