Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA Link Piece of sh*t

Options
  • 11-02-2007 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭

Guys,

Everytime i try and start 2142 now this poxy window comes up (attached).

EA LINK is started and logged in. 2142 is there listed as one of the games i own. But it sill does not verify the ownership. Gives the message "The game could not start. In order to launch this game please login tot he EA LINK to verify your ownership , the try again." What a piece of **** software. ****ing EA.

Has anyone else encountered this???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

do you need to use ea link?? can you play the game without it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

No I can't as i made the huge mistake to downloading it via ea link. Then you must be signed into ea link whenever you want to play from then on in.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Have you contacted EA about it?

Have you tried removing the game and downloading it again?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

hmmm that really sucks, I will be buying hardcoppies of games for as long as they keep making them.

Silverfish wrote:
    Have you contacted EA about it?

Have you tried removing the game and downloading it again?

I have removed 2142 and reinstalled it, no joy there. Also diod the same with EA Link and still can't start the game.

It also beings up some blank windows now and then when i try and start the game.

• Advertisement

Again, have you contacted EA about it?

Silverfish wrote:
    Again, have you contacted EA about it?

I would definately like to try it but how would i do that?

Support E-mail: uk-support@ea.com

Customer Services:0044 870 2432435

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

It is a piece of crap, i went to preorder nortern strike today and the firggin thing keep logging out. took 4 attampts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

hmmm that really sucks, I will be buying hardcoppies of games for as long as they keep making them.

yeah i agree. if the hardcopy is the same price better off buying it. at least ya will have some form of back-up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Is there a hardcopy release date yet?

On the plus side i have it working now. Don't ask me how i firgure this out i just did.

If i run the game as my windows user (who is an administrator) the process just dissapears after 4/5 seconds. This is different behaviour than before where it potpped up those message.

So i tried Right clicking on the shortcut and starting it as a different user. Tried admin and the game started. Tried the GF's account and the game started. Logged into the GF's windows account and the game started. Logged back into my account and the game doesn't start unless I run it as a different user.

I checked the windows event logs and there's nothing in there from 2142 - no app crashed and no security warnings etc etc.

I guess i'll have to delete my windows user and recreate it to get my game running properly.

Oh yeah, EA never even acknoledged receipt of my support mail. Even a "we got you mail and will get back to you before Q4 2008" weould have been something.

Advertisement