Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Changing format of files?

• 11-02-2007 4:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭

Hey, Don't know if this is were you write things like this but..

I copied television onto my dvd player and then onto a dvd.
    It's not copyrighted but I can't save it on Windows Media Player. I want to edit it on the Windows Movie Maker but it can't support the file type.

Can someone tell me how I can get it to work on the Movie Maker?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Have a look for a free program called MediaCoder, it'll convert most types of video to most anything you want.
    I assume since you've got them on DVD the files are .vob, and since you recorded it yourself it isn't encrypted... in which case MediaCoder should do the job nicely.
    The interface can be a lot to take in at first, so I'd suggest trying out different settings using smaller video clips at first... you don't want to leave it sitting there transcoding hours of recordings if the output format/quality isn't what you expected.

You basically want to convert the .vob to .avi using whatever format/codec you find handy.
    I like the xvid codec for most things, and Movie Maker should be fine using it as long as you have the codec installed.

So the shopping list is... Media Coder... xvid codec... throw 'em into google and you should be all set.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

Thanks a million I'll do that now! You're a ledge!

Advertisement