Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To come out or not?

Options
  • 11-02-2007 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Right. For a long time I suspected I was at least fairly bisexual. I'd have the odd crush on a guy etc. But recently I actually made out with aonther guy, and its been screwing around with my head since. I enjoyed it, so that should confirm that I'm bi (probably), but I'm wondering is it worth the hassle of coming out. I'd say that I'll still mainly pursue heterosexual relationships, and have the occasional bit of fun with a member of the same sex if the situation warrants.

Do any of you here think I'd be crazy not to come out as bi? I reckon that there are quite a number of people who have the kind of lifestyle I proposed without being out with it. I honestly don't think revealing my sexuality is particularly worth all the fuss and potential problems that could follow.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There is no requirement to come out. It's entirely up to you.

You may never find yourself attracted to another man again, or may fall head over heels with someone you meet tomorrow.

I wouldn't make a decision to come out based on one encounter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It is totally up to you.
    You can just live you life and let people assumewhat they wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

Its up to yourself but be aware that alot of people view bisexuality as a stepping stone to gay town, sad i know and it shouldnt really dictate your choice at the end of the day but it is a reality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Chillwithcian

Follow your heart and instincts, best of luck if you do decide to come out

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Be honest with yourself is the most important thing. Coming out to the world with a song and a dance may not be for you, but don't repress your feelings either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

You never stop coming out, it's this continuous process which gets boring after awhile. Coming out is ultimately about other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

Its a strange question to ask- well to me strange as I don't see why you think you should yet its in your head, and posted here.

What would you be coming out as ?

What you need is to be happy, contented, and feel good about yourself.

Do those things which make you feel that way- sometimes might mean protecting yourself, being private etc, for others it might mean a need to proclaim " this is me"

Eitherways worth some time finding out more about "this is me" bit.

As for " you never stop coming out" - that makes no sense at all to me, but then I guess people have very different experiences

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Well OK, fair enough, for me Its not something people generally expect when they meet me, and the nature of college and life means I've an ever expanding and changing social circle, to which I inevitably end up coming out in. Also, on another level, I find I have to quiet deliberately explain that I'm bi-sexual to people, often more then once. All this ties into the sense of continuously coming out in a never ending cycle.

Advertisement