Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dog losing hair

Options
  • 11-02-2007 5:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭

hi, i have an aprox 6month old jack russell crossed with terrier. he's a purerly house dog but is driving me crazy leaving his hair everywhere,even by just walking by me i#m destroyed. aany ideas to help or how often/long does this happen? thanx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Regular brushing will keep the shedding to a minimum ...but all dogs lose hair all the time, worst so, when they change from winter to summer coat and vice versa.

Get used to it. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I agree with pleasant! Brush the dog & hoover a lot!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Bond-007 wrote:
    I agree with pleasant

Pleasant?
    That's the first time anybody called me that ....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭SuzyS1972

Hi I feel your pain
    My pair are hairy little devils too
    I bought a " Zoom Groom " made by Kong products and it is excellent for taking out all the dead hair - I am amazed at how much comes off them.

You can get them in good pet stores or online from
    www.petbliss.ie

Or Petland on Camden Street sell them if you are in the City Centre.

Would highly recommend it - my dogs love getting their brush from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Agreed, we have a Zoom Groom that we use on our cat and they are excellent. Regular brushing as suggested.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

peasant wrote:
    Pleasant?
    That's the first time anybody called me that ....:D

Ahhhhhh well now I feel a change of name is in order! Peasant seems to be beneath you! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

I feel your pain OP.
    We have a Jack russell and the amount of hair that comes off him is unreal..we're driven demented by it..if not for the fact that we love him to bits/he hates the cold and rain/has 2bad back legs/has a touch of arthritis...he'd be outside 24/7:D!
    No matter how often we brush him, its still no change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

thanks so muck, that petbliss page won't open for me for some reason but i will definitely see bout getting the zoom groom. i wouldn't mind so much only we have a baby now meaning poor nibz isn't allowd on furniture anymore because of the heair. thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Bicky

Oi lois. Get nibz out of the house :)

not a chance, poor puppy is already so confused and there's a bad dog out on the street, ate my terrapin the other day, haven't been so upset and sick in a long time. the zoom groom should do the trick!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

House dogs actually shead more hair than a dog that lives mostly outside. I also have a jack russell and she has my parents heart broken with the hair she sheads but we love her to bits. Apparently they shead more hair because they can't tell the differenct between the seasons e.g summer/ winter.They live indoors and generally don't know when winter is here or when summer is here because of central heating etc, so basically they shed all year round. Buy yourself a good hoover and a rubber sweeping brush thats what we have done for the past 11 years, you'll burn off loads of calories sweeping up after the dog, it's cheaper then going to a gym :p

thanks, should have thought of that before paying my gym membership :) i'll have to buy an overalls to stop him at my clothes too. good point bout the seasons

Advertisement