Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Funny Smackdown In Dublin Video

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Devon

Not even remotely funny. Registration is required at this site to view the video clip. Bad quality too. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

Devon wrote:
    Not even remotely funny. Registration is required at this site to view the video clip. Bad quality too. :(

whats up your _____!!!! heres it on youtube!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jhdt4T5Q-oI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

that was hillarious :rolleyes:

where is the humour in launching profanities at someone you dont know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I don't get what is so funny, you said f*ck you to a guy and he gave you the finger. Why would you say f*ck you to someone who just busted his ass to entertain you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

If you behaved like that at a PPV they would have thrown you out.

Why would you say f*ck you at all? That kind of crap is more suited to the louts who attend football matches.

Jeez you'd think Booker was a murderer or a paedophile the way you went on...

• Advertisement

Why would you say f*ck you at all? That kind of crap is more suited to the louts who attend football matches.

Jeez you'd think Booker was a murderer or a paedophile the way you went on...

ah ya i no .. but its like panto you boo the bad and cheer the good.. everyone was doing it ...wen jbl said some funny stuff bout ireland ie bad teeth,gay etc we laugh and boo him....

the funny thing was when he gave me the finger he started laughin at me den ... seems likes a cool guy .. after tat he flipped off the crowd...

only havin fun .. its not like i hit him or spit on him.. which we all have seen..

i was delighted to be acknowledged for the action.. feel like i was in ECWone night stand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Seems like a pretty crudish thing to do in itself but to come on-line and brag about it thinking everyone else will have a great chuckle, is even worse.

You wouldn't say such a thing to a barman or your milkman, so why is it ok to say it to Booker. He is just doing his job after all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

i was delighted to be acknowledged for the action.. feel like i was in ECWone night stand

Yeah.......I bet you did :confused:

Seems like a pretty crudish thing to do in itself but to come on-line and brag about it thinking everyone else will have a great chuckle, is even worse.

You wouldn't say such a thing to a barman or your milkman, so why is it ok to say it to Booker. He is just doing his job after all.

actually your right .. which way is confessions?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Xylophonic

ah ya i no .. but its like panto you boo the bad and cheer the good.. everyone was doing it ...wen jbl said some funny stuff bout ireland ie bad teeth,gay etc we laugh and boo him....

Yeah, boo the bad and cheer the good, not tell them to f*ck off and others stuff. There is a difference!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

firstly if you ever wanna show us a video that you recorded,buy yourself a decent camera kid and stay away from that fisher price cameras that you got for christmas.
    Secondly,no the video is anything but hilarious.
    Had I been security and had I seen you do that,you would have been dragged out of the Point.
    Can I ask why you would pay 70 odd euros for a fairly decent seat and then stick up a middle finger and say "**** you" to someone that busted his ass to entertain scumbags like you and doesn't even know you???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

fatal wrote:
    firstly if you ever wanna show us a video that you recorded,buy yourself a decent camera kid and stay away from that fisher price cameras that you got for christmas.
    Secondly,no the video is anything but hilarious.
    Had I been security and had I seen you do that,you would have been dragged out of the Point.
    Can I ask why you would pay 70 odd euros for a fairly decent seat and then stick up a middle finger and say "**** you" to someone that busted his ass to entertain scumbags like you and doesn't even know you???

Well in all honesty, I don't see the harm in shouting "F**k You" or whatever, JBL, King Booker, and Kennedy were fairly insulting, and it is a pantomime atmosphere. I myself wouldn't (and didn't) shout anything like that, but there's no harm in it. Not like all the crap that was being pelted into the ring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

Booker T was just doing his job. When he is playing a heel it is his job to anger the fans and he expects this kind of reaction. It just shows he's doing a good job. Its not like the op threw crap at him or shouted personal abuse. The crowd reaction is often the best thing about wrestling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I'm kinda in 2 minds about it. When I saw the video first I didn't like it and thought it was pretty disgusting. Then again, if as a heel you are getting a genuinely negative response from the audience, its a sign that you'll probably be in a job for sometime. At the same time, I have a funny feeling that they were gonna be abusive no matter what bad guy left the ring and had little to do with Bookers performance as a bad guy.

Time and history comes into it too. You'd often hear stories of how 20 + years ago bad guys would cause riots, get spilled urine on them, be stabbed and sometimes even shot at by fans because fans bought it. Freddie Blassie in his book I think rtells a story where he was shot at. So in comparison, 10 **** yous in succession isn't quite as bad.

Maybe now that the business is "exposed" and is seen as simply a show, theres the understanding that as a fan you shouldn't cross certain boundaries. I hope that made sense.

I also feel like a bit of a hypocrite. On the one hand I felt pretty disgusted watching it. On the other, I'm the kinda guy that enjoyed watching fans being abusive in a very similar way to those in the video at Cena at 'Mania or at ECW in 2006.

Its a weird one.

littlejp wrote:
    Booker T was just doing his job. When he is playing a heel it is his job to anger the fans and he expects this kind of reaction. It just shows he's doing a good job. Its not like the op threw crap at him or shouted personal abuse. The crowd reaction is often the best thing about wrestling.

i have 2 say i kindo do feel abit bad now but im the kinda guy who loved the crowd reaction at ecw and one the reasons i will watch ecw ons. but for me that wasnt past the line... throwing stuff at them is a different ball game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Just after watching it.
    Thought you were a bit harsh tbh!

Advertisement