Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For anyone who owns a Giant ocr(silly question inside)

Options
  • 11-02-2007 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭

After getting my first racer, an ocr4 for the bargain price of 90 pounds. The dude who sold it to me didn't seem dodgy and he said he had never ridden it, but I or he couldn't get the gears to change. Is their any trick or is it a simple action of pressing the things down. Or are they fecked. Had to cycle 10 miles stuck in 7th gear.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

No way that bike isn't hot. Sorry man, but you should have walked away from that. Who would buy a bike legitimately from someone who claims they own it, but never ride it, can't change the gears, and is willing to sell it for a third of its value?

Bring it to the Gardaí/Police.

Don't expect any help from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Lazairus

I have a giant ocr , an ok bike for getting about , very basic if you wanted to do road cycling . any how , are the gears fecked?? , bring them into the local bike shop and change them , my gears work fine, just a matter of pushing the brakes lever inwards , and that should change them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

What you mean the brakes lever, why would that afect the gears. Don't think the bike is hot was bought around xmass from here and the dude never used it. So I'm the 3rd owner
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=443780.
    Yeah Laz do u think the bike would be suited for cycling down to Galway? Other bike i have is the Cirrus which is a hybrid.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

wouldn't say that bike is 'hot' think they are 250 pounds new in uk, so £90 as third owner sounds fine. My OCR doesn't have the same gears as your one but are think you have 'Sora' levers? There should be thumb buttons which shift down and then you tap the brake levers themselves in to shift back up.

If they are the Sora levers then there is full instructions here:
    http://bike.shimano.com/media/cycling/techdocs/en/bikecomponents/ST/SI-6JR0A_v1_m56577569830538833.pdf

the bike will get you to galway fine, get a bit of practise in though and get it serviced before you start out and carry spare tubes etc!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Alright, cheers Dave.

• Advertisement
Advertisement