Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valentine's Day in Sligo Delivery Ideas Needed!

Options
  • 11-02-2007 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭

My girlfriend is finishing her degree in Sligo IT this year after having started it in CIT. I'm living in Cork and unfortunately my girlfriend won't be down for Valentines day.

Can anyone recommend some kind of flower shop or gift shop in the Sligo town area that does deliveries so I could send her out something next Wednesday?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Feehily's do online booking, or just drop into their store on Bridge Street.

EDIT: Didn't see you were in Cork. Online booking seems like your best bet so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

feehily's will take Credit Card/Laser Card over the phone. Just book them in time. They will be mental on Wednesday so book them monday morning.

Their work/arrangements are top class!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Personally I would try Forget me Not florists in Sligo town, they deliver as well.
    I had problems in the past with Feehilys and wasn't impressed.
    Forget-Me-Not Sligo Thomas st, Sligo
    (071) 9161425

• Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

If all else fails you could try Interflora. I would say they may be a bit pricey but what price do you put on love :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I was looking to get some flowers sent to Ballinacarrow and was quoted 26 euro just for delivery!! Aparently that was last years rates as well so its probably dearer now, that was with a local florist in Sligo town.

• Advertisement

magnumlady wrote:
    I was looking to get some flowers sent to Ballinacarrow and was quoted 26 euro just for delivery!! Aparently that was last years rates as well so its probably dearer now, that was with a local florist in Sligo town.

:eek: Thats crazy!
    I think I was charged €5 for delivery with Feehily's to Manorhamilton.
    That was a while back now. Thought it was quite reasonable at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Teg Veece

Just want to say thanks for the advice.
    Feehily's were great. Reasonable enough price too and only €5 for deliveries still.

Great stuff.

Teg Veece wrote:
    Just want to say thanks for the advice.
    Feehily's were great. Reasonable enough price too and only €5 for deliveries still.

Great stuff.

And did she like them? Or will you find out at the weekend?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

get back to us on Monday next and let us know if the flowers had the desired effect :D

Advertisement