Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Russo does it again! (Small TNA PPV spoiler)

• 11-02-2007 7:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭

Tonight is Christy Hemme's in ring debut in TNA and guess who her opponent is?

None other than 'Big Fat Oily Guy'!

Thats whats going round the wrestling news sites anyway.

[RANT] I've never been a huge TNA fan, but this sh*te would put me off it forever. I was hoping for Lita or something, but BFOG? WTF? Russo should learn to book the old TNA style (circa 2002), rather than WWE style. The reasoon I bring up TNA in 2002 is because I remember when Goldielocks turned on Eric Watts and I have to say, it was a typical gf turns on her man angle, but it still sticks in my mind. In 5 years time, I probably won't remember much of TNA in 2007 and if Russo is still booking I thank God that I won't.[/RANT]

Also, who is peoples favorite for the main event? Cage or Angle? Personally, I think its a bit soon for Angle to get the belt. Christian deserves a longer reign and i'm interested to see how TNA does the 'Christian Coalition' faction idea.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

It's absolutely ridiculous. I just watched a Jim Cornette interview where he ranted a bit about Russo's booking. He went on about how Russo books things just because the fans don't expect it, but it makes absolutely no sense and in the end contributes nothing. This is exactly what Cornette was talking about. It would have made sense to have her wrestle a woman already in TNA, although they're all involved in other angles. It would have made sense to have her wrestle a woman debuting in TNA. It would have made sense to have her wrestle Kip James. But not this. They brought in that fat oily guy to show how bad WWE's DX skits have been, but they've continued to use him which makes them look bad twice over. And meanwhile WWE have copped themselves on a bit. I was going to do a prediction thread for Against All Odds, but I couldn't be arsed, what's the point in predicting Russo's booking. I just hope there's some good wrestling on the ppv

I'd assume Angle will win though. They seem to just want to get the belt on him and work from there. But it's just as likely that Christian will retain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Well this could be interesting as I'd be surprised if the fans react well to this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Fozzy wrote:
    I'd assume Angle will win though. They seem to just want to get the belt on him and work from there. But it's just as likely that Christian will retain

I think in some ways it doesn't matter. Whoever they chose, make him the "guy". TNA try too hard to protect too many guys with screwy finishes to the point nobody gets over.

For example, I hear the phrase in TNA's promo for the ppv "the undefeated, 2 time NWA champion Christian Cage".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

I just watched this god awful show and I wish I hadn't. It was 3 hours of stupid gimmick matches and pointless storylines. I noticed they said the Hemme Oily Guy match was Cornette's idea, I'd say Cornette is fit to kill after that.
    Spoiler time:
    What should have been the midcard showstealer between Aries and Low Ki turned into a 2 minute farce involving Backlund. If they are trying to bury Aries, they are doing a great job.

The gimmick matches (Prison yard match, Detroit chain match, Basebrawl, Tuxedo match, all in one show!! :mad: ) forced me to skip half the PPV and just get the results. Sabin defeated Lynn by grabbing the tights, and Christian beat Angle thanks to his new group so at least there was no pointless title changes. Other matches I just didn't care about.

So TNA may be getting a 2 hour timeslot for Impact, great, 2 hours of utter tripe instead of 1. Roll on WrestleMania!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I watched the show last night, it got me so pissed off. All these stupid gimmick matches, I didn't understand the reasoning behind them either, like why did Rhino get a weapon but AJ didn't? When Sabin vs Lynn was happening, I started hoping it'd be the first X-Division title match in a long time that didn't end with a roll-up or some sort of cheating..wasn't to be. I didn't care for it much at all. 2 or 3 months ago, I felt completely different. Rhino was the hottest wrestler in TNA back then, now he just looks stuck in a rut. I'll be giving Impact a miss this week anyway

• Advertisement
Advertisement