Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Priestley wins UK Open South West Regional

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

I see Tony Eccles has switched over to the PDC as he got to the semi-finals of this tournament and lost to James Wade 2-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭The Rooster

MBC wrote:
    I see Tony Eccles has switched over to the PDC as he got to the semi-finals of this tournament and lost to James Wade 2-0.
    Good spot, but not quite true. The UK Open Regional qualifiers are true opens, anyone can enter.

As well as Eccles, Gary Robson and Gary Anderson played in this tournament. But none have transferred to the PDC.

A question will arise if they qualify for the UK Open Finals in Bolton (to qualify you must play in 3 regionals and you must be in the top 96 on the UK Open money list) - will the players take their place in the UK Open, live on Sky? It shouldnt affect their status with the BDO or PDC, however if you qualify for two majors on the PDC circuit, you must join the PDPA or you won't be allowed play in the second major.

I believe (but not sure) that Anderson played in one PDC major some years ago. I don't think Eccles or Robson have, and Eccles has confirmed he intends to qualify for and to play in Bolton.

It might be true to say that it signals the intention of these guys to transfer to PDC in the future. Certainly IMO it would be a good idea to play the UK Open circuit in the year before you join, as it doesnt affect your BDO status for that year, yet it will be a big help in ranking terms when you do join the PDC as you won't be starting at Nil.

Advertisement