Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Condenser dryer - no heat!

Options
  • 11-02-2007 8:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Help!! I am 7 months pregnant and desperately need my dryer. It is working BUT it is not throwing out any heat. ANy ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Possibly the element or thermostat banjaxed

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Ours went recently, just like yours did.

Basically, if you put too much of a load in a condenser dryer, the air can't circulate and the unit will heat up too much causing the thermostat to trip.

On most condenser dryers this is usually a trip switch located inside. Usually removing the back panel locates it.

Most conderser dryers will allow you to reset the switch.

The alternative is your thermostat might be completely knackered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lesleygalley

Thanks guys I will try and locate the trip switch tomorrow if not I will get a repair man out to check out the thermostat - hopefully making my house look less like a chinese laundry!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Hold off calling out a repair man.

Have you emptied the water container 'cause if its full, the dryer won't dry the clothes. Check the air filter isn't clogged as well.

If these check out and the clothes aren't drying, then see if you're still covered by the warranty.

Best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭dmck

Hold off calling out a repair man.

Have you emptied the water container 'cause if its full, the dryer won't dry the clothes. Check the air filter isn't clogged as well.

If these check out and the clothes aren't drying, then see if you're still covered by the warranty.

Best of luck

Absolutely.

I was in exactly the same situation except my wife was 8 months pregnant. Check the condenser, it's probably located at the bottom behind a grille, remove and give it a good cleaning, the condener needs to be cleaned every 3 months or so or the machine will not dry properly. Also as said already, empty the drip tray and clean the lint filter.
    Best of luck.
    D

• Advertisement
Advertisement