Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Porting from Meteor to Three

• 11-02-2007 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Bought a Three billpay phone at the weekend, early Sat morning.
    The port has still not gone thru.

I should have been suspicious when they gave me a 3 sim as temp number,
    although they said it would go thru by Sat afternoon.

I called three support and they said it should go thru tonight,
    but still nothing, when I called Meteor they said three are consistantly
    having problems porting, and advised me it may take up to a month.

Is this scaremongering on Meteor's part,
    or has anyone else had long delays on porting to Three?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Took 3 weeks for me

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭shamalive

plonk wrote:
    Took 3 weeks for me

Serious?

I have a 14 day money back guarantee,
    if its not moved by next weekend I'll hand it back to them and cancel my contract...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

So really anyone moving from meteor the three should do it a month in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭7.Ronaldo

I work for Meteor and their seem to be serious porting delays when 3 are involved.

They're really slow to process ports whether it be incoming or outgoing.

They're dont seem to be any problems porting between Meteor, Vodafone and O2. As long as the port is requested within the designated porting hours, it should go through within 20 minutes(customers are advised within 2 hours).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

7.Ronaldo wrote:
    I work for Meteor and their seem to be serious porting delays when 3 are involved.

They're really slow to process ports whether it be incoming or outgoing.

They're dont seem to be any problems porting between Meteor, Vodafone and O2. As long as the port is requested within the designated porting hours, it should go through within 20 minutes(customers are advised within 2 hours).

Ahh I see a touch of the ol' Eircom there if ever I saw it, bad enough they introduce a dash of purple into the livery, in some macabre attempt to replicate Eircell. Eircom LLU - Porting same thing, I wonder where does the poodle stand on this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Ahh I see a touch of the ol' Eircom there if ever I saw it, bad enough they introduce a dash of purple into the livery, in some macabre attempt to replicate Eircell.

I think he was talking about 3...

I'm fairly sure that there was a thread here recently about a Vodafone user experiencing the same issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

go back into the shop & tell them it's not done - they should be able to sort it in a few mins.
    they did for me anway :)

if you are going in go early in the day as the "porting team" :rolleyes: finish early (around 4 or 5)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

it took me 4 days
    no way it will take a month
    meteor just don't want you to leave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

During business hours, it should not take longer than 2 hours. If it does take longer, there's something going wrong somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Three ports do seem to take longer. O2, Voda and Meteor ports go through within 2 hours. 4 weeks is taking the piss though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭brian_rbk

i moved from meteor to 3 over xmas, and it took a week. mainly because the guy in the carphone warehouse didnt send the right forms the first or the second time i went into them. the fact it was xmas didnt help things either.
    They gave you a three sim with a temp 083 number... this is normal
    I would ring three to confirm they have all the documentation, other than that give them a week...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

well they really seem to have reduced it
    in novermber 2005 4 days it took me which wasnt bad at all really

Advertisement