Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offensive sig?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,103 ✭✭✭✭muffler

raido9 wrote:
    half the people on boards are mods of one kind or another. There are so many of them they dont often get the chance at flexing their modding muscles and putting us lowly posters in our place.
    Get back into the corner ... or else :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

FIGHTTHEPOWAH.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭raido9

muffler wrote:
    Get back into the corner ... or else :p
    What are you gonna do about it? Ban me?

I'm not wrong though. Ye even have everything sub-catagorized so as to have as many mods as possible. Ye even have games as a sub-forum of games and the same with soccer. I've never seen so many threads moved on a board. So what if someone puts something in HE Do It Yourself instead of Building & Upgrading, sometimes it might be relevant to both.
    Seriously mods, don't take it too seriously, its not like ye get paid for it or anything. The only possible motivation must be the feeling of power, which you don't feel unless your moving/ deleting/ banning!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Most of the forums on Boards are over modded, that's common knowledge. The site has grown very popular in recent years and more and more people are eager to help out. Unfortunately power doesn't sit as well with some as with others.

With regards that particular sig, I personally have never found it funny but that's just because it's one of those over used "funny" internet phrases like O Rly and Atari Jaguar etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,103 ✭✭✭✭muffler

raido9 wrote:
    Seriously mods, don't take it too seriously, its not like ye get paid for it or anything. The only possible motivation must be the feeling of power, which you don't feel unless your moving/ deleting/ banning!!
    Couldn't have put it better myself. Give that man/woman a prize :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

raido9 wrote:
    ...unless your moving/ deleting/ banning!!

pfft, amateur! You forgot locking and placing stickies in your tirade :D

Most of the sub-categories are there for a reason and for the most part they work out and have been requested/supported by the userbase :)

Yep, some mods are a bit OTT but there are also some excellent mods out there whom you almost forget are mods until they are needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

6th wrote:
    ...some crap attempt at being AMP...

Seriously, go away like

Most mods do what they do because they have a bit of 'love' for Boards and want to contribute to its smooth running.

So are saying there are too many mods? There can be but seeing as there is a real life outside of the internet they are not all on at the same time.

Look at the amount of threads where people complain that a mod isnt getting abck to them.

Oh and Boston ..... dont worry, you'll be a mod one day ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Seems to be too strict, not my site though.
    So many sigs are potentially offensive, just guess you were unlucky there Endo.

6th wrote:

You haven't a clue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

raido9 wrote:
    Seriously mods, don't take it too seriously, its not like ye get paid for it or anything.

I completely agree. It should never be treated like a job.

raido9 wrote:
    The only possible motivation must be the feeling of power, which you don't feel unless your moving/ deleting/ banning!!

I disagree, there are other motivations like helping the community by keeping forums clear of spam etc. You'd be suprised how little moving/deleting/banning most of us do.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,992 ✭✭✭✭Stark

6th wrote:

I believe it's a case of "been there. done that".

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

raido9 wrote:
    In fairness, half the people on boards are mods of one kind or another.
    40,000 mods. Wow.
    fade2black wrote:
    Most of the forums on Boards are over modded, that's common knowledge.
    No, f2b, that's your opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

It's funny and not so outrageous. The signature, I mean.

ps. Just to clarify, my signature in no way implies that non-tortoise animals lack initiative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

Do they have reserved parking for non-handicapped people at the special olympics?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

nope...only for foreigners and homosexuals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

oscarBravo wrote:
    40,000 mods. Wow. No, f2b, that's your opinion.

True. Boards has grown into quite a massive place, I think "most" was a poor choice of words on my part.

I'm a mod in my house .... I had to ban my kid the other day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

And it all came from This one pic.

Dont click it if your offended by Enduranceman's old sig though.

I thought it was funny myself, But I dont think I would if someone close was in fact " retarded "

tbh the signature is neither hilarious nor entertaining. Mainly because I'm a jaded interweb users.

I notice no one has been along to claim responsibility for removing the sig, or did I miss a post?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

The post was deemed offensive and was removed!!

So I see.

I think the passive voice should be stripped of its smod status immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I'm pretty sure it was I that removed it. If an Admin is fine with it then that's their call. It seemed pretty offensive to me.

If you found the sig offensive DONT PLAY THIS!!

6th wrote:

Reminds me of that bit in South Park:

Jimmy: "Mom, if there is a God, why did he make me crippled?"
    Jimmy's mom: "We told you honey. God is punishing us for making fun of disabled kids when we were in school".

Gordon wrote:
    I'm pretty sure it was I that removed it. If an Admin is fine with it then that's their call. It seemed pretty offensive to me.

So it's bascially personal judgement.

As an aside, I think 6th is daring you to ban him.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

6th wrote:
    <snip>

Now that is offensive.

Making grunting noises to impersonate a person who was born with an extra chromosome is just not funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Boston wrote:
    So it's bascially personal judgement.

As an aside, I think 6th is daring you to ban him.
    Well we have to use personal judgement to determine whether or not something is offensive to others as stipulated by the sigrules yeah. Whether or not that judgement is correct is determined by the users and the admins.

I wouldn't know about that dare there as I didn't click the link :)

No dare intended, I did ask people not to click it if they were offended by the sig.

Now I'm off to ask for access to the lollers forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

ha.... best joke yet.

/wanders away

Advertisement