Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High Horse

Options
  • 11-02-2007 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭

Seeing as the bad blood about mocks tips is evrywhere, i've just decided to merge it into one thread, where anyone who disagrees with giving mocks tips can get up on their high horse and bitch about it. Common examples being....

That won't help you in june

your only fooling yourself

thats cheating

etc etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

lol. You can't merge threads, you're not a moderator. The main problem I have is the amount of threads existing on the matter already. This one would be a good idea, if you could clean up the rest. Nice try though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

Yep, def agree they should all be in one thread, or at least one subject to a thread. Personally i'd like to have an idea of whats coming up, so im not against these threads. I think a lot of people are missing the point in that the mocks are not actually the leaving cert, they are as the name obviously implies mocks!! I think there main benefit is getting your timing right, getting used to an exam setting, and making any mistakes you have to make there and then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

cson wrote:
    making any mistakes you have to make there and then
    Including not having studied the entire course properly.

Aye but what to do if you take all the tips for one or two papers very seriously, and get one completely different?

thats just the risk you run if you want to go by those tips/predictions. And im glad to see we have our first high horse post! "including not having studied the course properly" >>> Cos those people are fooling themselves, and we want to help them and make them realise the error of their ways so that they study and do well in June, right?

• Advertisement

Hang on. What's the point of this thread? It's losing the plot already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

cson wrote:
    Cos those people are fooling themselves, and we want to help them and make them realise the error of their ways so that they study and do well in June, right?
    God no, the amount of "MOCKS TIPZ PLZ HELP MEEE!!!!" topics were just annoying me.

And it makes me look wise and sensible :)

Ok i avoided the temptation to create a new thread saying 'all mocks tips go in here', but nontheless, Anybody wanting to find out/give out stuff that came up on your mocks/stuff you want to know>>> keep it to the threads already there. Anybody wanting to bitch about people giving/taking mock tips >>>> keep it here.

Now hopefully that will solve some of the bother :rolleyes:

But due to the misleading title, people are going to post their mock threads before reading this, AND THEN WHERE WILL WE BE?! /me panics. :D

Hmmm, quite a predicament we're in. Lets just post a thread that has our request in the title "Mock questions in current mock threads. Or The bunny gets it"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

The three muskateers in this thread here to save the leaving cert. forum :p

There's obviously more people wanting these mock threads than not wanting otherwise we wouldn't have a problem with too many mock threads.

Im not to sure what you mean by the three musketeers trying to save the leaving cert forum :confused:

Anyway, i started this thread out of anger at all the people on the mock hints threads going "what'll you do in june" etc. Im for having these threads but not in the unorganised form they are currently in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

*consoles Cson*
    /hands cookie to Cson

Advertisement