Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competition rules + regulations

Options
  • 11-02-2007 9:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi,
    Does anyone know what the minimum trigger weight is for .22
    50 metre (paper) prone target shooting? I've a cz Brno with factory trigger.... I'm guesin it's about 4lbs at the moment.

Is there a specific name for this dicipline??
    Also could anyone point me towards a web site that list rules/regulations in Ireland.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Is there a specific name for this dicipline??
    Also could anyone point me towards a web site that list rules/regulations in Ireland.

It's usually referred to as sporting rifle and it's governed in Ireland by the National Association of Sporting Rifle Clubs (NASRC). As for trigger weights, I don't know if there's a specific minimum, but I've fired a couple of sporting rifles with very light trigger weights (in grams rather than pounds). 4 pounds is waaay too heavy for targets. With a factory setting like that, I doubt you'd be able to get it down to a level that would be considered below minimum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

I just looked up the manual for my Anschutz match trigger (ISSF target rifle), and the trigger weight is adjustable from 60g to 245g. The factory setting is 100g. Mine is at the factory setting, and I know that I shot a sporting rifle with a lower trigger weight than that.

Hope that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭meathmannn

Thanks for the info.
    From searching the net, the standard factory set up is 3.5 - 3.75lbs,
    and there are kits availabe to bring it down to .75 - 1 lb.

I had heard that there wass a minimum for competition, as well as a maximum overall weight etc.

Thanks again

Advertisement