Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bit of help please

• 11-02-2007 9:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭

Hi,

Sorry if this has been covered before but I looked for the answer and did not find it - or did not understand what I was reading as Im not the best on certain aspects of computer jargon!!!

Im with Eircom broadband and have my pc plugged into the phone socket in a bedroom. I need to move the computer into the attic and there is no phone line up there so I figure I need to buy something , wireless thingymajic ( told you im not the best!!) Can anyone guide me in simple terms on what I need to buy and do to make this happen. And the most inexpensive way to do it also! Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Cheapest way is to extend your phone line to the attic space. You might find that the cables are distributed from somewhere in your attic which would make it very simple to do this. A few €€ will sort out the material for this.

You also end up with a wired system which is better than wireless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭ashie

Hi,

Thanks for that but I wouldn't know where to start!! Its only a temporary thing hence looking to do it the cheapest way possible. Maybe I'll just get an extension cord and travel it up to the attic - messy going through 2 rooms and up into the attic but will work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

I think you're right to do it this way if it's only temporary. It's the cheapest, involves no "expert" labour and is reversible... no holes, etc.

It should work fine. Best of luck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭ashie

Thanks Avns. Yes, I think thats the way to go for me.

Advertisement