Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I add a link in a swf (flash) movie file?

Options
  • 11-02-2007 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    this is elementary to some of you, but I can't quite remember the way to make it a link as I would have been able to had I exported a gif movie instead. Can anyone enlighten me?

Seanie.

P.S. the Flash 8 tutorial is soooo long winded, I can't find much that helps in it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Hope this helps Seanie.
    on (release) {
    getURL("http://www.yourwebsite.com/");
    }

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Thanks kjt, but unfortunately, it is bringing up a action script error when I export the swf movie. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

-Create a new layer
    -Create a rectangle
    -delete the stroke from the rectangle (bear with me on this)
    -alter the height and width of the rectangle to cover the whole movie
    -convert the symbol to a button
    -double click the button
    -move the keyframe at the start to the fourth keyframe (this means that the rectangle is simply the HIT AREA (the area that the mouse has to hit to put the button into effect)
    -Double click outside the area/button;go up a level; exit the button - however you normally do this
    - Now select the button by single clicking it and type that code into the actions
    on (release) {
    getURL("http://www.yourwebsite.com/");
    }

Maybe your actionscript was somewhere it shouldn't have been hence the error.

* It is good practice to remove the strokes from buttons imo. I had major problems with button tweens when I edited a tween and it turned out that the stroke was f*cking things up for me - it took me hours to figure out! So it doesn't hurt to remove them always. Maybe someone else can shed light on why that happened (although I reckon I was probably just forgetting to select the stroke when I edited the tween).

HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Worked a treat Gordon, thanks for typing all that out!

Seanie.

Advertisement