Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N Roses Announce New Tour

• 11-02-2007 10:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

According to the HTGTH Main Page, GNR will begin their first dates of 2007 in South Asia, Australia and New Zealand, after visiting South Africa in April. This could mean another leg of their European Tour for the Summer. The band also played (minus Tommy Stintson) in California the other night to a great reception at the Fashion Industry Awards.

The band started 1993 in Japan, before moving to America and then back onto Europe, so we could possibly see something of a similar setup in the works here.

Comments

Any word on that new album? Is it getting too late now for it to be released in march?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

It takes approximately eight weeks for an album to hit the shelves once it has been turned in to the record company. With that being said, this is not a promise, a lie or a guarantee, but we do wish to announce a tentative release date of March 6. This is the first time we have done this publicly for this album. Others have made up all the other dates for their own reasons. We would like to assure the fans that everything in our power will be done to meet this date. Once it is finalized and official, you will be notified. If we are delayed for unseen reasons, you also will be notified as soon as possible in regard to a new date, and the album will be released as shortly thereafter as is possible. We thank you for your patience.

As far as im concerned, with Axl, no news is good news :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

I just can't wait until LAST October for the album to be released:rolleyes:

Is Stintson not in the band anymore?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Do you really think Chinese Democracy is gonna reseat Axl as the world's most influential frontman? Surely all this pissing about and creating hype, if that album isn't perfect it'll get laughed out of existence. Any of their performances I have seen as the "new" GnR have been pretty dodgy TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Saw them in the flesh at Leeds (albeit a few years ago) and it was amazing. Full marks. Have also heard a few leaked tracks from teh new album and their excellent.

• Advertisement

Alter-Ego wrote:
    Is Stintson not in the band anymore?

He couldnt be at the Fashion Awards for personal family reasons, so Pittman took he place on Bass, id say a funeral or something simply made it impossible for him to attend and I dont think one no show for an awards ceremony can be held against him, even when it wasnt a musical awards ceremony.

That being said, from his behaviour at Donnington 06, hes turning into a bigger prima donna then Axl sometimes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Nightrain

He couldnt be at the Fashion Awards for personal family reasons, so Pittman took he place on Bass, id say a funeral or something simply made it impossible for him to attend and I dont think one no show for an awards ceremony can be held against him, even when it wasnt a musical awards ceremony.

That being said, from his behaviour at Donnington 06, hes turning into a bigger prima donna then Axl sometimes

I know thats what people said ans saw, but on Gunsnroses.com it said tommy was there.

These are the dates announced so far.
    April 14th, 2007: Chiba, Japan @ Makuhari Messe
    April 15th, 2007: Chiba, Japan @ Makuhari Messe
    April 18th, 2007: Nagoya, Japan @ Rainbow Hall
    April 21st, 2007: Osaka, Japan @ Intex Osaka
    April 22nd, 2007: Osaka, Japan @ Intex Osaka
    April 27th, 2007: Johannesburg, South Africa @ New Market Racecourse (My Coke Fest 2007)
    May 1st, 2007: Cape Town, South Africa @ Kenilworth Racecourse (My Coke Fest 2007)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

As far as im concerned, with Axl, no news is good news :D

If you check www.gunsnroses.com, you will see that the album has been delayed, AGAIN!?

March 6 was never going to be the official release date anyway......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Release date: 17-9-2007
    Availability: available for pre-order
    Number of Discs: 1

the whole idea that this is only a single CD is laughable - you would expect a double or quad cd at this stage - I saw GnR play last year and the new band was rockin Axl sounded great but in fairness its gone beyond a joke - no way would I buy this CD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Doctor J wrote:

That's about the 100th random release date for Chinese Democracy that HMV have pulled out of their ass in the last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 RadioActive

I question whether any of this will happen or if it will be another Van Halen situation where we have all kinds of talk but it always falls apart. I just don't want to set myself up for disappointment!

I question whether any of this will happen or if it will be another Van Halen situation where we have all kinds of talk but it always falls apart. I just don't want to set myself up for disappointment!

Eventually, something will happen to come out, if that should mean such extreme measures like Axl dies and his estate forks it over to pay some bills. I think that fact that we were informed of something on Feb 22nd was good news, and theres supposed to be some new dates now in Mexico, they just havent been officially announced. Tickets for the Japanese dates go on sale on March 18th, just in case Axl breaks a fuse before then and cancels the whole thing

Oh, and remember, once hes out on the road hes got to have it mixed so he cant honestly bull**** people much further...i think as long as the band tours successfully (and this is currently their longest touring period since 1993) then something will happen

He went on the road last time without it having been mixed - all the time talkin nonsense about it gonna be out around xmas. All he wanted was some exposure for his tour. And the blamed the manager for it? Surely if he expected the cd to be out last year he should have know he was gonna be touring when he should be finishing the cd.
    Smells like bull - am I seeing this correctly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

He went on the road last time without it having been mixed - all the time talkin nonsense about it gonna be out around xmas. All he wanted was some exposure for his tour. And the blamed the manager for it? Surely if he expected the cd to be out last year he should have know he was gonna be touring when he should be finishing the cd.
    Smells like bull - am I seeing this correctly?

Yep. To be fair, the manager DID announce a date last year out of the blue - WITHOUT Axl knowing about it.

That's why he fired him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Do you really think Chinese Democracy is gonna reseat Axl as the world's most influential frontman? Surely all this pissing about and creating hype, if that album isn't perfect it'll get laughed out of existence. Any of their performances I have seen as the "new" GnR have been pretty dodgy TBH.
    I dunno if it'll be laughed at. Judging by the leaks, it'll most likely be an album as good as one of the Illusions. Not groundbreakingly amazing, but a solid album.

I agree that thy're nowhere near as good a live band as old Guns, but they pull off some amazing stuff now and then, like Nightrain at Rock am Ring, amazing...

This might be considered blasphemus or something, but I'd personally rate There Was a Time in my all time top 10 GNR songs, although Old GNR and New GNR are two seperate bands really and really don't warrent the comparison(Axl's foolish to keep the name tbh).

Advertisement