Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Management Course

Options
  • 11-02-2007 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

I'm just wondering has anyone done this course or is anyone currently doing this course? I'm in 5th year in school and I'm considering doing this course, and just wondering if its worthwhile, etc. Also wondering does anyone know if the job prospects from it are good? Also, I'm realy big into sports, but I've never excelled at any sport, in fact I'm not very good at any sport but I do have a great knowledge of most sports, so I'm just wondering is it just elite athletes that have excelled in a sport that they take in or could someone liek me who's not great at any sport be also accpeted into the course?

Sorry I know thats a lot of questions, and a lot of them probably sound stupid, but if someone would be so kind to answer them I'd be very grateful, thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Not really if you get the points for the course in UCD you get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

The course isn't targeted at elite athletes, though a few years back they established a non-CAO course which was a diploma in sports management which was set up so any elite athletes who might not have attained the ehtry requirements for the degree courses could still come to UCD.

There's likely to be a degree in Performance and Health Science starting next year which might interest you. I think it'll be similar to the sport science course in DCU. There's physio aswell, many physios get involved in sports phsiotherapy and physio is a great course. Well I love it anyways.

/edit job prospects for sports management: not a clue tbh. One of those things where there isn't a direct "what you do after" kind of route, could take you anywhere from working in a gym to the IOC I spose

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Crania

Thanks very much for the help lads, anyone else know anything about this Sports Management course?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 mogsy

my girlfriend did this course and she loved it, the course is very much a business based course(although there are modules that are science based and with the horizons system in place now you can go in whatever direction suits you) with an emphasis on the business aspect of sport. a couple of people from her class have gone into working in the commercial side of sport so if this is what you can see yourself being interested in go for it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭lazer

look into doing sports journalisam dude! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Crania

Why do you say that? Would you not recommend the Sports Management course for me lazar?

Advertisement