Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heading to sheffield for Taylor/Barney

• 11-02-2007 11:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭

Anybody here gone to the premier league darts before. Its my first time and am really loking forward to it. Having trouble getting good tickets ie ground floor. Anybody know any means of getting tickets other than from the venue?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

No I have never gone to the Premier League before but I have gone to other PDC tournaments. I wouldnt worry too much about where you sit because they have TV's everywhere so that no matter where you sit you will be able to see the action. Unless your sittig up the very front your not going to see much of the action on stage anyway.

As far as I know you have to buy the tickets off the various venues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭rag2gar

Probably gona have me gamble on taylor for this. Will do a lucky 15 aswell on the nite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭The Rooster

I think it was 9 legs to 3 for Barney is the Masters of Darts last week (3 sets to Nil, each set won 3-1), so Taylor will be looking to put that right.

Taylor certainly improved against Manley on Thursday, but Manley put him under no pressure.

First 4 legs are key for me. If Barney is at 2-2 or better, then he'll win by 8-5 or more. But if Taylor can get ahead I think he might be able to hold on this time.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Taylor looked like he has regained some of his best form but as you say Rooster Manley just never turned up so it was a practice game for Taylor. Barney is playing some of the best darts in his career of not the best. He has averaged over 107 in his last two games and is hitting 180's by the bucket load. The only worry about Barney is that it takes him 2 or 3 legs to get into a match. If he doest go 3 down then I think he will the match. Seems strange saying that I think Taylor will lose :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Shane190

Both players played very well on Thursday night. It should be an unbelieveable match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭rag2gar

Wow what a night, my voice is so horse. Heading to arsenal game early in the morning so will tell you more about the experience another time. Taylor had the crowd absolutly rocking, what a performance by what must be the very best player around, it is becoming such a classic rivalry. Backed taylor to win on the night at an incredible odds against which no doubt cloaded my experience overall, but what a night.

Ps would recommend anyone to make the trip to premier league darts. Great atmosphere and great craic, best fun I've had in ages and a lot cheaper than soccer matchs to boot. Whole trip cost me €120 in all

Advertisement