Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert papers

Options
  • 12-02-2007 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭

HI fellow teachers,
    Does anyone have students like some of mine who come in with perfect answers which I know they couldn't realistically do fully, they get them from the examinations website and funny when you question them on it and the excuses are great!
    Where is a leaving cert going when they can't be bothered attempting stuff themselves.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

This is always a problem when you have knowledge-based, as opposed to skills based, learning.
    Obviously this is dictated to by the exam system at hand. The net is not creating a new issue - I sat beside pupils who did nothing all through secondary, but just brought in their sister's notes so got away with it in school.

Skills based learning of academic subjects can seem to pupils as too much of a doss much of the time though.

Advertisement