Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download limit

Options
  • 12-02-2007 1:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

Is there any broadband providers that have no download limit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭green123

i am with irish broadband and they advertise no limits
    i dunno though , id say they operate the usual fair usage policy
    its ridiculous that these companies can get away with false advertising

• Registered Users Posts: 9 rebels_mascot

Smart don't. I remember when I was with Irish Broadband I asked about the download limit they said something like if you use it excessively they'd be in contact, as in if you were downloading 50-100gb's every month they'd tell ya to kop on or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

you wont even cause Smart to itch unless you exceed 100GB every month, even then they probably wont mind, but you can be guaranteed no problems if you dont regularly exceed 100gb, if you do exceed it, it really depends on the pattern of your usage, and whether the traffic is in short bursts or spread over longer periods etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

does it matter . has anyone been actually charged for extra downloading eg i have 2mb eircom!!.. how much per extra GB

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

net 1-www.net1.ie -my friend and his bro download hundreds gigs a month .......properly cause net 1 have no customers

cause they wont come out to install to ANYONE!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭ukdavros

If NET has no customers then how come your friend has it.

I think you should give NET1 a chance.

For one you probably havnt got any choice.
    NET1 are a small company that are in a chicken and egg situation.
    They are going to need money coming in to pay staff to answer calls email etc. For this they need customers, to get customers the equipment has to be in place to connect to.
    So they are using the resources they have to get this in place as soon as they can. Unfortunately the email and telephone sales have to take a back burner.
    They are however looking looking at a mailing list to give updates etc.

You can always stay with dial up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

net 1..........good luck if you want to ring every week for over half a year, and still not get a line test

Advertisement