Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

website feedback

Options
  • 12-02-2007 2:12am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭

yep folks its time for another one of those threads

have reworked 1 half of my website at http://artists.cpu.ie

would appreciate any feedback or flaws you find to help me improve on it , though please try be nice :p:p:p

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

It's all a bit grey.

Haven't had a look around yet, but the last item in the top menu ('VIDEO') is wraping to the next line. There's a little 'v' sitting underneath 'RADIO' which makes it hard to select.

Using Firefox2.1, WinXP.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

yeah was thinking that about the greyness as well so planning on adding a bit of color to it alright , can't actually figure out that v thing though as i haven't coded it in and seems to be something that firefox bloody adds :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

It seems to be the 'v' down-arrow from the VIDEOS menu item. The container for the menu isn't wide enough, so the item is wraping to the next line.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

ok here are the bits I don't like ....

To be honest the flash animation on top seems excessive ... every time I go to a new page it plays .. I find that slightly distracting and annoying ....

The click here buttons are a bit too in your face as well

Get rid of all the v's for the menus they look out of place

various bits need some extra padding ... as areas of text are practically touching other areas

The calander looks strange with the events on it I thought you had a bug for a while in your calander code .... I'd suggest an alternate colour for days that have events and when you hover over it'll display the number of events in perhaps a tooltip style hover ...

As others ? have said ... its a bit grey ... its an artists site ? so I'd assume it'd be a bit more cheery

I'd suggest you rethink your menu order .... maybe its just me but contact seems like it should be at the end not video ...

Anyways all just tweaks I'd suggest and probably just personal opinion :)

James

Edit: it looks a LOT nicer in IE ... I don't however use IE apart from testing websites

thanks for the feedback have taken that on board and will work them into the site, have been having some vicious problems getting the site right in firefox (trust me was ALOT worse)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,402 ✭✭✭randombar

Banner at the top seems a big big to me, a lot of space being used by a graphic! The search form as well at the top seems a bit weird? Misaligned maybe or something? Apart from that the layout is nice, things seem to be in the right place (Log in form and calendar)

I know the pains of Firefox v IE all too well! Let me know what you think of www.ratemypub.ie

thanks Gary, when you say weird alignment what exactly do you mean ? (would obviously like to address it if it's something i'm not seeing)
    GaryCocs wrote:
    I know the pains of Firefox v IE all too well! Let me know what you think of www.ratemypub.ie

i've seriously begun to hate FF , i perfectly coded up some divs etc and IE showed it fine but FF squashed it and made them overlap , even created a test HTML page to rule out any external possibilities and it still did it

FF sucks ..... there I said it :p:p:p:p and I used to love FF before IE7 blew it outta the water IMHO

thanks for the feedback guys , it's all very much appreciated good , bad or indifferent :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

The dark grey you've used for the search button and other buttons on the site is too dark to show up the black text clearly either lighten it or use white text on the buttons.

thanks will do

Advertisement