Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Has blood/alcohol gone down?

Options
  • 12-02-2007 2:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭

I heard it was going from 80mg to 20mg or something, just asking,

I had 2 pints earlier and drove home about an hour after finishing, just a short trip like 10 mins I had to drive tho cos had to drop my girlfriend home too. She doesnt like taxis or buses. I was not drunk, I can handle my drink well.. CAn drink 10-12 pints in a night like, 2 is nothing to m e ya kno, anyway

Is that over the limit?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

And before ppl start posting the usual "ohhh bla bla what a muppet bla" I dont even think I was breaking the law, like I probably would have passed a breathalyzer so I doubt my blood/alcohol was above 80mg, just wondering about the law has it changed to 20mg, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

It's still 80mg, for some people this can be more or less than 2 pints, it all depends on your build and how your body handles the alcohol. There was talk about reducing it toIt's still 80mg, for some people this can be more or less than 2 pints, it all depends on your build and how your body handles the alcohol, how much food you have in your body etc... There was talk about reducing it to 50 or 60mg but this has yet to be decided. A persons "ability" to drive on X amount of pints is not relevant, if you fail the breath test your in trouble.

Lorax wrote:
    And before ppl start posting the usual "ohhh bla bla what a muppet bla" I dont even think I was breaking the law, like I probably would have passed a breathalyzer so I doubt my blood/alcohol was above 80mg, just wondering about the law has it changed to 20mg, thanks
    muppet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Lorax wrote:
    I had to drive tho cos had to drop my girlfriend home too. She doesnt like taxis or buses.
    If she doesn't like the 'getting home' part of going out, then she should reconsider going out...simple.
    Lorax wrote:
    I was not drunk, I can handle my drink well..
    Yeah good man :rolleyes:
    Lorax wrote:
    Can drink 10-12 pints in a night like, 2 is nothing to m e ya kno, anyway
    What do you want? A blue peter badge? So what if you can drink that amount, what the heck has that got to do with drink driving limits? You could handle 20 pints a night and still be over the limit after 1 or 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I've locked this thread because I'm 99.99% sure you're trolling.

The other mods can feel free to unlock it or do what they wish.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement