Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glenomena Residence over the summer

Options
  • 12-02-2007 2:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi,
    I was just wondering what people thought of the Glenomena Residence over the summer.

Have you stayed there?
    Did you like it?
    If you were coming to Dublin for 12 weeks June-Aug would it be a good place to base yourself?
    Do you think staying in a shared house is better?
    What is security like?
    How far are the shops/supermarket?
    Does it feel alive or very quiet?
    Is there a site where you can request a room?
    Is it still 850 for the summer?
    Is the broadband good?

I'm asking as we are brining 24+ students here for a research intern program and last years interns said living together would have made for a better experience.

Cheers,
    Aaron.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭James_sb

Have you stayed there? - Yes, I'm living there now, during term

Did you like it?
    - Yes, I'd recommend it for anyone.

If you were coming to Dublin for 12 weeks June-Aug would it be a good place to base yourself?
    - It has some good bus service into town, and has some college amenities close by. It's distance from town might be the only real drawback

Do you think staying in a shared house is better? - Than a one bed flat? Yes. For many reasons.

What is security like? - No problems at all in my expierence. Very good.

How far are the shops/supermarket? - Close newsagent. Tesco in Merrion 15 mins walk. Tesco stillorgan, 5-10mins bus.

Does it feel alive or very quiet? - Alive at the moment. In summer????

Is there a site where you can request a room? - As far as I know no. But have a look here: http://www.ucdvillage.ie/home/index.php and here http://www.ucd.ie/residences/glenomena.html

Is it still 850 for the summer? - Don't know. Call 00353 1 716 1030 (The reception office)

Is the broadband good?
    - Excellent, but need to configure laptop for UCD network. IT on campus will do that for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭aaronquigley

Thanks for the feedback. I'm surprised there are not more posts as everyone seems to enjoy giving their 2c on everything here!

I guess not.
    Aaron.

Advertisement