Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

unlimited data add-ons?

• 12-02-2007 5:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

hi.
    does any irish network do a flat-rate or "unlimited" data add-on yet?

i know vodafone have their "unlimited" data card but these sims can't really be used in phones.
    are any of the networks doing an unlimited data add-on that you can actually add to your phone's voice minutes.

afaik t-mobile's web 'n walk is an example of this in the uk.
    but i thought somebody here also mentioned that o2 ireland now do a flat-rate data add-on.
    can anyone confirm this?
    thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

mkennedy wrote:
    hi.

i know vodafone have their "unlimited" data card but these sims can't really be used in phones.

Why not? I'm using my 3 data SIM in several of my 3G phones as a modem with my MacBook, until the USB modem is released.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Because they are data only - you can't make phone calls with the data SIM.

tom dunne wrote:
    Because they are data only - you can't make phone calls with the data SIM.

Course you can -MO and MT. I use mine all the time. MT calls while roaming on another 3 network are free.

culabula wrote:
    -MO and MT. I use mine all the time. MT calls while roaming on another 3 network are free.

:confused: What's -MO and MT?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

MO is mobile originating(you make the call)
    MT is mobile terminating(where you receive the call)

• Advertisement

I don't think you can make/recieve calls with the Vodafone/O2 data sims.

Didn't know you could with 3, that's interesting.

tom dunne wrote:

During the month that I had the Vodafone USB modem I made and took calls with the SIM removed and placed in a phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

tom dunne wrote:

You can make them with O2 anyway, yeah, I've tried it - you just pay a little more and customer are hopeless when it comes to confirming what you'll actually pay til the bill comes!

Right, I'm going to shut up now. :o

The whole reason I didn't buy a 3G smartphone was that I thought you couldn't make voice calls with the data sims.

Advertisement