Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Soccer Fans Support Iran

• 12-02-2007 7:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭

Good morning - anybody watching Euronews?
    Turned on the TV a few minutes ago and in the Iran Report - unless my eyes are lying to me - there's this Iranian-looking man with an Eircom Jersey featured in the clip. He seems very happy about something.

Did anyone see it? Was it really an Eircom jersey? Should I go back asleep? Help me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

He's probably just one of those exchange programme terrorists. Nothing to worry about.

Yes it was an eircom shirt, just saw it being repeated @07:00

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

He's probably just one of those exchange programme terrorists. Nothing to worry about.

Well, at least Irish soccer is making the headlines in something.

Can't be doing any worse than the rugby. I live in France and as soon as I set foot outside the door today I'm going to get some slagging.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Hagar wrote:
    Can't be doing any worse than the rugby. I live in France and as soon as I set foot outside the door today I'm going to get some slagging.:D
    Sacrebleu! :mad: Call them cheese-eaters!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The jump from one to the other is rather simple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,195 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

InFront wrote:
    Good morning - anybody watching Euronews?
    Turned on the TV a few minutes ago and in the Iran Report - unless my eyes are lying to me - there's this Iranian-looking man with an Eircom Jersey featured in the clip. He seems very happy about something.

Did anyone see it? Was it really an Eircom jersey? Should I go back asleep? Help me.

He was wearing an Eircom jersey and you conclude he's an Irish soccer fan! Maybe he's a fan of Eircom. Maybe he likes green. Maybe it was sent over there by oxfam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,195 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Hagar wrote:

He's an Iranian looking man and you conclude he's a terrorist?!

Lotsa people jumping to conclusions here this morning.

Slow coach wrote:

The only hard facts here are that there is a man wearing a green shirt with the word eircom on it sitting on a military vehicle..:rolleyes:

All else is speculation. ;)

typo:

And it's you jumping to conclusions. That was a bit of banter between myself an InFront. Of course he's not on a terrorist exchange programme. I can't believe you took that seriously. Anyway sure they would be on a mid-term break now. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

I for one, am confident that the FAI are aiding Iraqi insurgents. Shure didn't some lad try to set himself on fire outside HQ a few months ago?

I tell you. What has Irish soccer come to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Wait until the Americans get word of this - Eircom supporting terrorism. Then again, Eircom has been known to hide weapons of mass communication.

I'll get my coat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Hagar wrote:
    Of course he's not on a terrorist exchange programme

imagine if they existed

Osama could go to Belfast for a month while Billy can go to Afghanistan for a month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,968 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Mossy Monk wrote:
    Osama could go to Belfast for a month while Billy can go to Afghanistan for a month

It'd probably be Liam that'd be heading there and not Billy....

Hate to spoil all the wild theories, but maybe the Iranian bloke got the jersey off an Ireland fan when Ireland played in Tehran in the play-off for the 2002 WC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Theres a street in tehran called bobby sands street.

Thats prob not relevant but i jus want to impress people with a useless fact

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

ColHol wrote:
    Theres a street in tehran called bobby sands street.

Thats prob not relevant but i jus want to impress people with a useless fact

the street is around the corner from the british embassy

http://larkspirit.com/hungerstrikes/bobby_sands_street.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Should the title of this thread not be "Iranian Soccer Fan Supports Ireland"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

I was uber shocked whence watching a Snoop Dogg video - Beautiful - before and I saw a guy with an Offaly jersey on. Felt really proud till I realised that he'd probably never been to O'Connor park at all :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

The real question here is, what are people doing up at half six??:D :D:D

Night shift is fun.... [NOT];) I'm here till 08:00 tomorrow..

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

and watching euronews. nerds.

and watching euronews. nerds.

:D InFront suggested there might be something interesting to see :D

^Up there somewhere^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

If that Iranian guy has an Irish grandmother, we might be able to get him to play for us. We need all the help we can get. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

connundrum wrote:
    I was uber shocked whence watching a Snoop Dogg video - Beautiful - before and I saw a guy with an Offaly jersey on. Felt really proud till I realised that he'd probably never been to O'Connor park at all :(

i thought you were taking the piss until i found it, i wonder if it's actually spotted the guy, perhaps on a proper tv you could see better but you tube has left me fairly convinced,
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=Fv8t1INe_KI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

Slow coach wrote:

more politicially correct words on boards.ie

Advertisement