Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boyf got a call from another girl

• 12-02-2007 8:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18 sien

My head is wrecked on this one. So your opinions are welcome.
    My boyf of 3 years got a call when we were in the car yesterday. This is the conversation:
    He said "Hello" A girl says "Can you talk?" He says " I don't know you may ask Tom about that" Then he hits the hang up button on the sly and keeps saying "Hello hello hello" as if he'd been cut off.
    He had gone white in the face so I knew there was something up. So I asked who was that? He said it was his "brother or something" I said "or something it was either your brother or it wasn't?" He just kept saying "I don't know who it was" I got really annoyed and start shouting at him to tell me now who it was. He start to sweat, then he admitted that it was a girl asking could he talk and he panicked and hung up on her.
    He says he doesn't know who it was and that it must be a wrong number and that it was stupid what he said on the phone but he just panicked because there was a strange girl on the phone.
    He is saying he panicked because about 2 years ago I caught him calling and texting two other girls and we split up for 6 months. And he says he was in bits from the night before because he'd been out drinking and that, and thats why he wasn't thinking straight.
    I am extremely suspisious but the only thing is that we go everywhere together and we live together so I don't know when he'd have the time to be seeing someone else. I'm absolutely shocked that this is after happening again, he really seemed to have changed.
    Am I reading too much into this call?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Depends. I have proportionally more female friends than is normal for a guy my age - just how things panned out. One ex had big issues if they rang me or whatever.

Could also have been an ex- he didn't want to talk to. I once got an email from an ex- that was full of recriminations etc, long after we broke up and cut contact. It was actually a bit scary at the time.

You may be reading too much into the call, I would say drop it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Dreamer 7

I would not drop it for a second. "Can you talk?" implies that she knows bout you so he must have been talking to her at some stage, if there was nothing going on he would have said who is this etc. Get the number from his fone and ask her yourself becoz it doesnt sound like he is gonna tell you the truth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 sien

It's a new number so an ex wouldn't have it. And if an ex was calling him he should tell me and not be hiding it. If it was a female friend why did he lie and say it was his brother and hang up and pretend he was still talking on the phone???
    I took his phone and it was a private number she called from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

As is said in many other threads in this forum, a relationship can't exist without trust, and you don't trust him. You may be quite justified, especially since you broke up for the same thing before. I seriously doubt this will have a happy ending. Reconsider your relationship, it may be time to move on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

well if he is talking to other girls maybe he is unfulfilled or bored with your relationship.that might be something for u to discuss wit him.

i have to say if my gf was doin it i'd confront her and if she was serious about us she would give it up or at least be straight wit me.

hopefully he's not messin about on you anyway :)

• Advertisement

he's suppose to be serious because we have a 2 year old child together and we are engaged to be married.
    I just can't figur out where and when he met someone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

hey trust me, when i had a serious girlfriend i met somebody else, would you beleive it at my bus stop, we were both going to college and things went from there, we seen each other at the bus stop everyday just got chatting and it went from there, chances are its probably an ex, but either way it sound like she knows about you, just have a talk to him and see what he says

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

He is cheating on you.

You said he'd said he was in bits from the night before when he was out drinking. You don't go everywhere together then and it is possible that he met up with her the night before.

I'm sorry to say this but if he did this before and is now doing it again then you really do need to reconsider your relationship. Marrying a man you don't trust is one of the biggest mistakes you could make. I work with mostly men and as far as I can see, very few change their (cheating) ways once they get married. A break-up could be the best thing all round for you, your child and your fiance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

Could he have met a girl at work? I would be suspicious, but i am a very suspicious person anyway. I really do hope he is not messing you around, especially when ye have a child.

I was with him the night before, we came home early and I went to bed and he stayed up drinkng cans.
    I don't know what to think. He'll never admit it if there is someone else because he never admitted it the last time he was getting calls from a girl , he convinced me they were just friends until I rang her myself and she knew nothing about me or our daughter. She was shocked. She said she hadn't seen him in a while but they had been ringin and texting and sending pic msgs to one another. But of course he never told me any of this and never would have.
    Just don't want to be accussing him in the wrong, even though it is very suss.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Ok it doesn't sound too promising alright but I'm going to play Devil's Advocate for a minute here.

When I ring people on mobiles and it sounds like they're busy (driving, at work, whatever) I usually ask 'Can you talk?', so it doesn't automatically mean it was someone who knew you could be around.

The fact that he hung up however is pretty suspect.

I have to say though that you sound very insecure
    I am extremely suspisious but the only thing is that we go everywhere together and we live together so I don't know when he'd have the time to be seeing someone else.
    I just can't figure out where and when he met someone else.

You make yourself sound like you go everywhere together with him because you're afraid that if you don't he'll go off and cheat on you. If you really think he's going to do it then why are you still with him? And if you smother someone like this then you can sometimes start pushing them away.

Also you were shouting at him while he's driving the car - makes you come off as a bit of a possessive crazy girl.

Sounds to me like you don't trust him one bit (and probably rightly so). You gotta ask yourself, why are you with this guy?

Femmy wrote:
    Could he have met a girl at work? I would be suspicious, but i am a very suspicious person anyway. I really do hope he is not messing you around, especially when ye have a child.
    Thats the only place I can think of. He works 50 miles away from our home so I'd never know. But it is on a building site and there's not many girls around there, only in the office I'd imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

sien wrote:
    Thats the only place I can think of. He works 50 miles away from our home so I'd never know. But it is on a building site and there's not many girls around there, only in the office I'd imagine.
    well it wouldnt take "many" girls on the building site, just one would do it...and like you said , there might be a site office down there. female engineers are becoming more common everyday. There's nothing you can do now really, just wait and keep your eyes and ears open for any other hints that something might be happening...you could have got it all wrong too, so be careful with what you are accusing him off unless you have concrete evidence.

AnonoBoy wrote:
    Ok it doesn't sound too promising alright but I'm going to play Devil's Advocate for a minute here.

When I ring people on mobiles and it sounds like they're busy (driving, at work, whatever) I usually ask 'Can you talk?', so it doesn't automatically mean it was someone who knew you could be around.

The fact that he hung up however is pretty suspect.

I have to say though that you sound very insecure

You make yourself sound like you go everywhere together with him because you're afraid that if you don't he'll go off and cheat on you. If you really think he's going to do it then why are you still with him? And if you smother someone like this then you can sometimes start pushing them away.

Also you were shouting at him while he's driving the car - makes you come off as a bit of a possessive crazy girl.

Sounds to me like you don't trust him one bit (and probably rightly so). You gotta ask yourself, why are you with this guy?
    I don't think I'm the crazy on I think it's him. I've never cheated on anyone in my life. The reason I shouted was because he kept saying he didnt know who he was after talking to on the phone, even though he first said it was his brother and then said he didnt know who it was even though he replied "i don't know u better ask tom" so it was obvious there was something going on. He just kept saying I dont know who it was, would u not get mad and raise ur voice? Why would he reply that to a so called complete stranger? It wasn't as if I was shouting my head off at him, as soon as he told me it was a girl I left it at that til we got home
    I then told him to tell me she is or leave, but yet again he said he didn't know who it was. I've been through this before with him.

I'm not possevive I often tell him to go play golf with his brothers or go watch the match with his dad but he never wants to go unless I go too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Who is Tom?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,018 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

As a matter of interest OP do you suffer from jealousy? Has your boyfriend ever spoke to you about it?
    The reason I ask is my GF suffers from shockingly bad jealousy and if I were in the same situation as your BF I might very well try to cover up the fact that another woman had just called me. I would NEVER cheat on her as I love her deeply but it wouldn't be worth the hassle.

Tom is another brother. So what he was doing was planning on telling me it was his brother dave, so thats why he said u better ask tom.
    Then he got off the phone,white as a ghost,and said it was his brother "dave or something," I said it was "either dave or it wasn't,what did they want", he said he didnt know what they wanted, i said why did u tell him to ask tom if u dont know what he said. He got all muddled then and start saying he didnt know who it was. He went on and on that he didn't know, he was getting very aggetated.
    Eventually telling me it was a girl.
    So if he had nothing to hide, why pretend it was his brother and why slyly hang up. Thats what I dont understand.

eo980 wrote:
    As a matter of interest OP do you suffer from jealousy? Has your boyfriend ever spoke to you about it?
    The reason I ask is my GF suffers from shockingly bad jealousy and if I were in the same situation as your BF I might very well try to cover up the fact that another woman had just called me. I would NEVER cheat on her as I love her deeply but it wouldn't be worth the hassle.
    Thats the thing I'm not a jealous person at all and I trusted him 100% untill I found out about those 2 girls two years ago. Thats when the trust went out the window, but I've been slowly learnin to trust him again until this happened.
    I'd love it if I was wrong about this but I don't want to be made a fool out of again.
    Why couldn't he just talk to this girl infornt of me if there was nothing to hide. The way he acted has me thinking there's something goin on. If he has girls ringn him that I dont know about, what does that say?

You sound a bit confused.

In your first post you said you heard a girl, and what she said.

Now you are saying that you had to pester him into telling you it was a girl?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

Well Id have to say if ya dont trust the guy , what the hells the point in going out with him ?
    Anyway just ask him why he was so sly ask him why he tried to imply it was his brother , Im not trying to be mean but people on this site do not know why your bf would be acting weird your goina have to ask him straight up . His 1st answer of going white and blaming it on the night before sounds like crap "Can you talk" If its meant to be an honest relationship why couldnt he talk in front of you.

Maybe were all wrong and its a great romantic suprise for Valentines .............Somehow I doubt that.

The moral of the story anyway if you cant ask him this stuff out straight and think he may be having it away behind your back well then theres really no point in continuing with the relationship , it may sound extreme to dump him but theres plenty more fish in the sea and plenty of fellas that you could trust and wouldnt be having bullsh*t hush hush telephone conversations in front of ya.

• Advertisement

seansouth wrote:
    You sound a bit confused.

In your first post you said you heard a girl, and what she said.

Now you are saying that you had to pester him into telling you it was a girl?
    I'm not confused at all. Read the first post again. I never said I heard the girl. Ijust stated what had been said on the phone call because I now know what was said becuase he eventually told me.
    I didn't know it was a girl at the time, I just knew there was something up becuase he went white as a ghost and said "it was his brother or something".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭jubi lee

he's up to something plain and simple. you know the signs yourself since he did it before.

it could be an ex...how would she get his number??? he gave it to her probably. if she rings asking 'can you talk' then as others have said she knows it's difficult for him to talk if ur around.

you know it was a girl... why would he say to her 'you'll have to ask Tom' if he didn't know her??? come girl wake up would ya!!!

I'd sit him down, be extremely calm and tell him you know he lied about who she was and that you want him to explain the whole situation to you regardless, otherwise you are getting your daughter and leaving.

if the guy has balls he'll admit to whatever is going on... and if nothing is going on then you'll find that out aswell.

you know him the best... do you think he's cheating????

jubi lee wrote:
    he's up to something plain and simple. you know the signs yourself since he did it before.

it could be an ex...how would she get his number??? he gave it to her probably. if she rings asking 'can you talk' then as others have said she knows it's difficult for him to talk if ur around.

you know it was a girl... why would he say to her 'you'll have to ask Tom' if he didn't know her??? come girl wake up would ya!!!

I'd sit him down, be extremely calm and tell him you know he lied about who she was and that you want him to explain the whole situation to you regardless, otherwise you are getting your daughter and leaving.

if the guy has balls he'll admit to whatever is going on... and if nothing is going on then you'll find that out aswell.

you know him the best... do you think he's cheating????

I honsetly dont know if he is cheating, or if he is just still ringing an ex on the sly or what is going on? I was absolutley shocked the last time it happened too, he hid it so well for a whole year before I found out.
    I have had a talk with him but he just keeps saying "I know it sounds bad but I honestly dont know who she was" He'll never admit it, if there is something.
    Just wanted to hear a few more opinions on the situation to make sure I'm not been paranoid.

You've been going out for three years and you found out two years ago that he'd been doing that on the sly for a year. That means that right from the start he was never one hundred percent committed to your relationship. Daughter or not, if the relationship is not right then you need to get out. Get answers from him and then make your decision. He got away with it before (in that you took him back), so he might be scared of losing you but that hasn't stopped him at his old tricks. Leave and go home for a few days and demand answers. This may wake him up a bit and he may be more forthcoming with the truth when you are no longer there. If you are not satisfied with the answers or find out that he has definitely got something to hide then you do need to seriously think about not going back.

PS: If you do leave don't refuse him (or your daughter) access to each other. It's not fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭jubi lee

ah yeah i had an ex like that... wouldn't admit it until i got up to leave and said that was it and i couldn't take it anymore and that if he had told me the truth , i would know what i'm dealing with and maybe we could have worked something out but that i wasn't going to stand for anymore lies.... he soon admitted it.(he'd been denying anything was going on for a few months)

you will either have to turn a blind eye or do yourself and more importantly ur little child a favour and make a decision to stop being with someone who ya don't trust

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Ok. I dont think alot of the posters here are being fair to the OP.

If that happened with my partner and I was suspicious, I would have it out with him too. That doesnt make me a crazy or jealous person.

Trust? She is confused if she trusts him or not - of course she is. A phone call happening like this is unusual.

My advice is, dont say a word, dont look at him crooked, dont mention this again. Just be a bit more aware. If unusual incidences keep happening and no valid explanation is given, then you need to start getting into deeper thoughts.

Sorry, but I cant stand dishonest people and I would have reacted the very same way as you.

dame wrote:
    You've been going out for three years and you found out two years ago that he'd been doing that on the sly for a year. That means that right from the start he was never one hundred percent committed to your relationship. Daughter or not, if the relationship is not right then you need to get out. Get answers from him and then make your decision. He got away with it before (in that you took him back), so he might be scared of losing you but that hasn't stopped him at his old tricks. Leave and go home for a few days and demand answers. This may wake him up a bit and he may be more forthcoming with the truth when you are no longer there. If you are not satisfied with the answers or find out that he has definitely got something to hide then you do need to seriously think about not going back.

PS: If you do leave don't refuse him (or your daughter) access to each other. It's not fair.

I have sent him home to his parents until he decides to tell me the truth. I'm not goin to stop him seeing our daughter. I wouldn't do that.
    But the last time I left him, I told him u either tell me the truth or leave and he still wouldn't admit it. He never did admit it becuase he knew if he told me the whole truth I'd never go back near him.
    He lied for months on end that time, untill i rang the girl myself.
    This time there is no number to ring, and it seems the girl knows about me with her saying"can u talk" so she prob wouldn't tell me anyway.

One minute here.

You told him to leave until he tells the truth?

What are you willing to accept is the 'truth'?

You said earlier that you didn't know if he was cheating or not, so if he tells you he's not, will you believe him?

Or will you only believe if he tells you he's seeing another girl behind your back?

seansouth wrote:
    One minute here.

You told him to leave until he tells the truth?

What are you willing to accept is the 'truth'?

You said earlier that you didn't know if he was cheating or not, so if he tells you he's not, will you believe him?

Or will you only believe if he tells you he's seeing another girl behind your back?
    I'll believe an explanation, any reasonable explanation.
    I won't believe his excuse of "I don't know who she is" Thats aload of bull.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

I think the OP is right here sorry guys. I find it suspicious behaviour too and i wouldnt allow any boyfriend of mine to insult my intelliegence with an 'I dont know' bull **** story. She knows him, shes spent 3 years with him - she knows what his reactions mean and the look on his face.

Not saying he is cheating but i dont think he is being 100% honest for whatever reason and if you ask me, it is HIM that instilled the mistrust in to the relationship in the first place.

By sending him home till he tells the 'truth' OP you already know what it is dont you. Your gut instinct was right the first time why wouldnt it be right again?

Your boyfriend brought this on himself by decieving you the first time around. Taking him back was your decision so dont beat yourself up for giving him another chance that time. But think carefully about the next time. Fool me once shame on you - fool me twice shame on me.

So what if he does admit the truth - that he was talking to a girl. May not be cheating, but lying and sneaking around for whatever reason is terrible thing to do on your partner. Are you going to give him another chance?

Ask yourself honestly - do you trust him? And if the answer is no then you have a whole other problem to deal with.

I hope everything works out ok for you and your little one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

dame wrote:
    He is cheating on you.

You said he'd said he was in bits from the night before when he was out drinking. You don't go everywhere together then and it is possible that he met up with her the night before.

I'm sorry to say this but if he did this before and is now doing it again then you really do need to reconsider your relationship. Marrying a man you don't trust is one of the biggest mistakes you could make. I work with mostly men and as far as I can see, very few change their (cheating) ways once they get married. A break-up could be the best thing all round for you, your child and your fiance.

You sound extremely bitter, dame. Your resolute assertion the guy is definitely guilty and your asinine statement regarding the men in your work place and their ‘cheating ways’ makes me wonder have you been hurt before.

However, the above rant aside, I do think his behaviour seems very suspicious, but it is possible that he is planning a surprise for Valentines or some such. Whatever the truth, I really don’t think you’ll find the answers here; it's not about peoples hunches or past experiences, so no one here can answer your question as to what the hell is goin on.

You sound extremely bitter, dame. Your resolute assertion the guy is definitely guilty and your asinine statement regarding the men in your work place and their ‘cheating ways’ makes me wonder have you been hurt before.

However, the above rant aside, I do think his behaviour seems very suspicious, but it is possible that he is planning a surprise for Valentines or some such. Whatever the truth, I really don’t think you’ll find the answers here; it's not about peoples hunches or past experiences, so no one here can answer your question as to what the hell is goin on.

No I haven't been hurt, but I have seen so many men cheating and it doesn't bother them. It's almost as if, well everyone's doing it, so what, it happens. I know some of their wives/fiancees/girlfriends and if asked I would tell them straight what I know and have seen with my own eyes. I don't feel it's my place to interfere otherwise and go telling them. Having one night stands is one thing but I also know some who are having long-term affairs, and usually this is with girls in work. I know one of the girls very well and asked her why she keeps seeing this particular man when she knows he's a married man with a child (she knows his wife and has seen his child). She answered that he obviously wasn't happy in his relationship if he was willing to risk it so she saw nothing wrong in her going out with him as there must be trouble there already. It's been an open secret at work for a few years and nobody tells his wife. This same man still hits on other girls from time to time and the "mistress" turns a blind eye most of the time but occassionally gets very jealous.

I have seen so many that cheat on girlfriends and continue to do so once they're married, even though often they protest how much they love their wives and that they'd never want to hurt them/leave them etc. They've gotten away with it before and they see it as just something that happens when men go out. By the way, I've also seen women coming onto men wearing wedding rings. They see it as a perfect way to have a sneaky affair cos he's not likely to tell.

Of course I've seen plenty of good and faithful men too (and luckily I have found one myself), but from what I have seen a man who cheats once is very likely to do so again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

This happened to me I was cheating .....

You either trust him or you dont you cannot monitor another human 24/7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Sien, if there's one thing I've learned, it's to trust my instincts. Your gut feeling is there for a reason. Don't ignore it. You've every reason to be suspicious - the whole episode sounds extremely suspect. I'm not a paranoid person. I don't read into things just because I've decided that I should. I only get concerned about something when my instincts tell me that something's up - and I'm usually right.
    You poor thing, what a horrible situation to be in. I think maybe you should have it out with him. But being 100% clear on everything before doing so. Don't leave a single stone unturned when it comes to backing yourself up. If this means maybe writing a few things down to get them clear in your head, then so be it. But don't keep the bit of paper and show it to him - that would be a bit much! And do give him the benefit of the doubt at the same time - he may not have been up to anything. But it seems far too suspect. His pretending to be cut off, his inability to decide whether it was his brother or a girl, his paleness and shakiness - come on!

Have you any evidence other than this call?
    Are you insecure normally? Shouting and roaring at him driving if this is the only evidence of an affair as others have said indicates this.
    Could have been anyone ringing about something he didn't at least for now want you knowing about eg a surprise or something medical or gambling debts or any number of things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,076 ✭✭✭✭event

no one here can say he is or isnt cheating

the opening post is very biased, the OP already believes he is cheating. A lot of posters are reading into it and already saying he is definately cheating.

At the end of the day, it makes no difference OP. If he continues to keep the same story, you will stay apart and he will stay in his parents. If he tells you that he was cheating, you will probably dump him, so either way its over. If he gives you the most believable story ever, you still wont believe him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

People dont all act the same, but it is very suspicious.

My partner got a call once from a girl (I was in the same room at the time). He was saying "Who?" "When?", "sorry I dont know......" all this in the conversation.

When he finished, he looked confused and uncomfortable. Anyways, he proceeded to tell me that some young girl had rang and said " This is Nicola from last night.....do you want to meet up?".

She apparently had met him in a pub in Dublin the previous night. Well, we live no where near Dublin and we were out ourselves in the local that night.

A few minutes later the phone rang again......same girl. he said to her "look I dont know how you got this number, but this isnt the guy you are looking for........."

That was the end of it. But my point being, if he had been all cagey and unusual about this call, I would have been annoyed with him. I mean, why hide something if it is nothing to be worried about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

Dreamer 7 wrote:
    I would not drop it for a second. "Can you talk?" implies that she knows bout you so he must have been talking to her at some stage,

No it doesnt. The first thing one of my sister asks me when she calls is "can you talk" as do most of my female friends.

Assuming it was innocent, the OP would have been gone out the car window if she had started firing at me like the way she described. OP- bear in mind that he was caught before when doing the dirt so any call he gets from any woman he is going to shít his pants because he thinks you are going to assume (and rightly) that he is doing the dirt.

So lets consider-

A) He is being honest. I would quit the tone with him. Seriously, if someone started making demands of me and who I talk to like the way you describe, you'd be out the fúcking door and pronto. Be NICE and treat him like a human being and suggest that you are finding it difficult to trust a vague answer and you would like a specific one. Putting rules and parameters on how and when you want your answer is going to antagonise him

B) He is doing the dirt. Dump his sorry áss

Your tone implies you dont trust him so you need to ask yourself two questions-

1) If I dont trust him, what the fúck am I doing wasting my time with a tosser?

2) Is time spent with this ásshole preventing me from meeting someone that will treat me with decency and respect?

Theres no point coming on here wondering about what he is up to, its not going to help you. What will help is coming up with a plan to alleviate your situation and then doing it.

K-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Remember, the guy had been texting other girls earlier in the relationship. I'm not saying a leopard can't change its spots, but on the other hand, it shows that he's capable of doing what the OP suspects him of doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭geuro

Hi Sien

Guess im telling you what you already know here, but i would say he is definately up to something.

Whether or not he is having a physical relationship with somebody else is uncertain, but i would be pretty sure he is being unfithful to one extent or another.

I had a gf before and i was having sex fantasies on the sly with a girl i met online. Used to ring her up and talk dirty and so on, and the understanding was that we were never to ring one another unless we met and agreed online first. One day she rang me and my gf was in the room. I heard her voice and hung up immediately, i was shaken and probably pale and made some ridiculous excuse about the line going dead. i denied i knew what was going on and my gf believed me. I never had any intention of letting it get out of hand like it did, i never would have cheated on gf, and after this scare i never did it again.

Im probably going on a bit, but the point is that he is not being honest with you, at least i dont think so. He may not be having a physical relationship or phone sex or internet sex or whatever, what he is doing behind your back only he knows, but you definately need to get the truth out of him before you can relax again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

i think relatioships are built on trust and it appears that you have no in this person who is the father of your child and the man that you are going to marry? i understand that the first time you agreed to get back together may have had something to do with your kid which is very understandable. but you obv dont trust him why agree to marry him? i think if he has done this before then you are only fooling yourself to what he is up to really imho. good luck though with whatever you decide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭imeatingchips

Thanks for all the replies.
    I honestly am not some crazy jealous possessive girl.
    That phone call brought up memories from the past. He acted the very same as he did on the call that got him caught 2 years ago.
    Thats why I shouted at him, I was filled with anger known something was going on again.
    I was talking to him on the phone about an hour ago, he is still insisting that he doesn't know who the girl was. He can be so convincing. I hate not knowing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

kinda the obvious thing but get his phone back to the date and tim of call, if its a number then maybe he is telling the truth, if its a girls name call her and see what she says

kinda the obvious thing but get his phone back to the date and tim of call, if its a number then maybe he is telling the truth, if its a girls name call her and see what she says
    Did that. She rang from a private number. Which convinces me even more that there is something going on.
    He saves alot people in under initals of just one letter. The girl from before for instance he had her saved in as "s".

It might be a bit excessive but you could always hide the number from his phone and call all the numbers saved as initials and hang up when you recognise the voice or say "Oh sorry , wrong number" or something. When a girl answers you can then decide if you'd like to ask her anything. This is going to keep bugging you until you find out what happened and if he's cheating or not. He probably knows that the only reason you got proof last time was because you got the number and rang the girl. This time he knows you don't have a number and so he thinks if he just brazens it out long enough then you'll eventually let it go. Only you know if you forget this incident, trust him again and continue your relationship.

(Edited to correct spelling of brazens)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

sien wrote:
    He had gone white in the face so I knew there was something up. So I asked who was that? He said it was his "brother or something" I said "or something it was either your brother or it wasn't?"

I'm sorry Sien but this "brother or something" business is nonsense. It's like someone telling you they are "kind of pregnant", you either are or you aren't, likewise no gray areas when it comes to his brother phoning.

I would be VERY concerned about him having people saved in his phone as an initial though, no innocent explanations there I am afraid.

I do think kicking him out until he "decides to tell you the truth" isn't such a great idea, he may have already told you the truth, on the other hand he may be a lying scumbag. All in all, any posts here are merely speculative and only he will be able to tell you the truth. I'd try and arrange to meet up and have a chat if possible. You need to get to the bottom of this either way, hoping for your sake it is perfectly innocent. If it is, you really need to work on trust issues though, jealousy can destroy a relationship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

dame wrote:
    It might be a bit excessive but you could always hide the number from his phone and call all the numbers saved as initials and hang up when you recognise the voice or say "Oh sorry , wrong number" or something.

1. Yes that is excessive, there's no might about it.

2. How exactly do you expect her to recognise a voice she barely heard, and had to get confirmation from the BF its was a woman? Anyone who thinks they could identify the tinny sound from a mobile a couple of feet away down to one particular voice is fooling themselves.

You are really giving some shíte advice in this thread imo. Whats your motive?

I know she wouldn't recognise the person who made that phone call, she said she didn't even know it was a girl until he admitted it was. I was suggesting that if she calls the numbers saved as just an initial and then recognises the voice of a girl she knows (friend of theirs, work colleague, acquaintance), then that would possibly indicate that there could be something suspicious about him saving her number under an initial. That is what he did in the past after all. She is right to be suspicious considering his past history and shiftiness in this instance and there is no point sitting stewing without trying to do something to reassure herself/prove herself wrong, etc.

Squirrel, have you anything that may help the OP (reassure her she's wrong/right/suggest something to help her feel she's doing something proactive on this) to contribute yourself, rather than complaining about other people's posts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I got a call from a girl once... it was a wrong number... anyone here ever get a call from a wrong number ???

• Advertisement
Advertisement