Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help on rottweilers??

Options
  • 12-02-2007 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

Need some help :) I have tried googling this but would prefer peoples experience!
    I have two 6 month old bassett hound x springer spaniels at home, both bitches, my fiance is looking into getting a rotty and we would just like to know which is better a dog or a bitch, I know bitches can be hard to keep with other bitches but Ive also heard that bitches are easier to train etc
    Does anyone have any experience with rottweilers, any help will be greatly appreciated!thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

What IMO you need to look at is what are your current dogs like with males? what are they like with females? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭clairey

What IMO you need to look at is what are your current dogs like with males? what are they like with females? ;)

they are the friendliest little dogs, they get on with both males and females!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I have a puppy male & he is fantastic! Rotties are ultra clever dogs! & can get into a lot of mischief! They are family dogs who will want to be a lap dog!

Cassius was dog number 11 to move into my house - so I have 4 bitches & 6 dogs - they all get on fine - in fact Cassius best mate is Amy a tiny terrier/dachund mix! They pull each other apart! In fact Amy loved Duke my old now decessed rottie rescue!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

How are the females you have at the moment? It depends on their temperament, they might feel that the other female (rotty) is challenging their authority.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

Ruu wrote:
    How are the females you have at the moment? It depends on their temperament, they might feel that the other female (rotty) is challenging their authority.

that was where I was coming from - but not as directly as you :) the flip side being if a male is introduced the females may become jealous of other females coming near him. I've 2 female labs - great friends with the female collie up the road - they play & run around together UNLESS she's being walked with the male boxer who lives with her - her reaction then to my 2 is completely different :rolleyes: wants to keep them away from her man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

we have a rotti female she a dote, plays with our infant and other kids, loves all the dogs 7 others, 6 bitches, the male a scottie cross is the only 1 that will not play with her

thanks a mill for all your comments, my other half went up yesterday to have a look at them and fell in love with one of the males! It kinda helped the decision a lot lol :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

We will need to see photos!!! If you get him that is! Rotties are one of my fav dogs they are very gentle.

Bond-007 wrote:
    We will need to see photos!!! If you get him that is! Rotties are one of my fav dogs they are very gentle.

ill make sure to put a few up ;)

heres the two puppies i have at the mo!

2up6z5k.jpg

2af0oeq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Cute!!!!!!!

rotts rule btw.... wonderful dogs great temper... and i dont really think it matters what you get as long as you introduce them properly, and dont fuss over the new puppy too much.

PICS PLEASE!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

this is a pic of them all the one were getting is the one on the very right :D
    40cairr.jpg

Advertisement