Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Game Rental

Options
  • 12-02-2007 12:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I've been trying to find a decent game rental site online, but the only ones i've found have been UK based ones that don't ship to Ireland. If you don't know what i'm on about, head to swapgame.co.uk and have a look.

So bascially, all i need to know is if anyone can recommend a decent online rental service for games (mainly '360/PS2) in ireland.

That's all...thanks. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Moviestar do what you are looking for
    www.moviestar.ie
    Free trial too.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

My main problem with these would be trusting An Post to actually deliver them. They're so dodgy that I reckon it would only be a matter of time before stuff goes missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Can't say I'd recommend them, especially not if you're looking to rent games, I found they rarely had stuff in and just send movies I had waaay down on my list.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Yeah the problem with renting games online is that people can return them whenever they want and unlike dvds they will probably hold on to them alot longer. So you're likely to be waiting a while to get what you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Lantern

Moviestar do what you are looking for
    www.moviestar.ie
    Free trial too.
    Yeah, i've checked them out already...but their game selection is ridiculous to be honest. They don't even have Gears yet...it's listed in 'Coming Soon'. Whereas Alan Wake is already in the 'to Rent' section.

Anyway, thanks for the replies, but it looks like i'm severely boned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Lantern wrote:
    Whereas Alan Wake is already in the 'to Rent' section.

I'd be very impressed if they delivered that:)

Advertisement