Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Top Gear Classic car chase

Options
  • 12-02-2007 12:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭

Did anyone see last night's Top Gear.

The lads were driving from Florida across Alabama to New Orleans. When they got to Alabama, they were given the task of trying to get each other shot by painting insulting comments on each other's cars.

Clarkson had a camarro with "I hate Country and Western Music" on it.
    Hammond's Dodge Pick Up had "Man love rules ok" written in pink on it
    Maye's Cadillac had "Hillary for President" on it.

They pulled into a gas station in a hick town where the lady owner came out and said she was going to call the boys. 3 pickups full of local country folk (i.e. rednecks) turned up and started to pelt the lads and their cars with rocks and then proceeded to chase them across the state line. Very hairy and very funny stuff.

This wasn't a once off run in with the local yokels. I was driving the same route 10 years ago when I pulled into a small town to get a motel room for the night. When I approached the office, three "good ole boys" asked me (in a deep southern accent) "Where ya'll comin from Boy". From the looks on their faces, I had to take a quick check of my skin colour as they weren't too friendly. If it wasn't for the fact that I was knackered and could hardly keep my eyes open, I'd have gotten back into the car and kept on driving. As it turned out, the room I got smelled of piss/animal (don't ever want to know what went on in there previously) and I hardly got a wink of sleep that night.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Jocksy

Was a great piece of entertaiment last night. Whilst I have no doubt parts of that incident were real (the screaming hick lady was no actor!)I often wonder how much of the scenes are made up in Top Gear. It just seems so over the top sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tacklemore

Those rednecks are frazy cuckers. Talk about getting excited. Made for brilliant telly though. And the threat of legal action when they said the year of the Camarro was 1991 when it was 1989, and they were giving the car away. Over reaction or what, they were giving the cars away, for god's sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Raytown Rocks

Yeah I watched this last night. I havnt laughed so much in ages. It was truly funny, from start to finish, not just the yokels trying to brick them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Just watched the clip on YouTube, excellent stuff. They were really asking for it though, in fairness that was a bit like walking through downtown Tehran waving an american flag.

Here it is, in case anyone's interested:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

It's always funny when people live up to their stereotypes. The irony is that these guys are all Republicans (assuming they actually vote, of course).

Funniest bit was Clarkson driving along withthe car shower on because he had no aircon, and them trying to get the cow off the Camaro.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

It's always funny when people live up to their stereotypes. The irony is that these guys are all Republicans (assuming they actually vote, of course).

Who are Republicans Clarkson, Hammond and May? I'd say they are floating between Lib-Dem and Tory which is not the same thing at all!

Cracking show, the Florida Tourist Board will proberly issue writs.

Should proberly merge this with this

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

cornbb wrote:
    Just watched the clip on YouTube, excellent stuff. They were really asking for it though, in fairness that was a bit like walking through downtown Tehran waving an american flag.

excellent:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Yep, top stuff last night!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

testicle wrote:

What a load of stuff that could have come out of the cow...

To be honest, I thought it was fake!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

Quote:

Who are Republicans Clarkson, Hammond and May? I'd say they are floating between Lib-Dem and Tory which is not the same thing at all!

Cracking show, the Florida Tourist Board will proberly issue writs.

Should proberly merge this with this

Mike.

he means the locals who were upset at the graffitti on the cars are REPUBLICANS , as in the party of george w bush,, duh,,

as for the politics of the top gear presenters
    dont know how political hammond and may are , jeremy clarkson is a tory alright but then again torys are not conservative in the same way red neck republicans in the usa are , torys are right wing in an economic sense mainly

anyway the show , it was very possibly thee most side splitting hour of tv i think ive ever seen
    i laughed from start to finish , from when clarkson said he might throw in a burger to the guy who was selling the car , next thing this hugely obese guy walks into the picture , to the getaway from the filling station

i fell about the place when clarkson arrived with the cow on the bonnett
    i dont know what that cow was being fed but it was as big as an elephant

i reckon this was shot before hammond accident , last weeks show was probably shown 1st so as to get the near death accident of hammond out of the way

a classic

Of course the locals were Republicans, hell yes! But 50 years ago they would have voted Democrat. The Dems were huge in the south until the early 60s when they started to embrace such concepts as the "just society (known as the great society speech by LBJ)".

Mike.

Of course the locals were Republicans, hell yes! But 50 years ago they would have voted Democrat. The Dems were huge in the south until the early 60s when they started to embrace such concepts as the "just society (known as the great society speech by LBJ)".

Mike.
    Today 18:05

complete bull for the most part

bible belters have always voted exclusivly republican apart from blacks that is
    the only group that switched from democrat to republican in the past few decades are irish and in broader terms catholic americans who became more affluent , this happend by and large around the time ronald regan came to power , they became known as regan democrats , folks who,s natural home would be with the democratic party but who for economic reasons changed to the gop , they are also known as blue dog democrats

w.a.s.p,s who are the overwhelming majority in the south have always voted almost exclusivley republican

Please learn to use the
    feature

Then start reading up on southern politics/demographics.

http://www.answers.com/topic/democratic-party-united-states, scroll down to the section The New Deal and World War II: 1933-1945 through Truman to Kennedy: 1945-1963 and onto The Civil Rights Movement: 1963-1968. The white population of the Deep South jumped ship through the 60s and they've voted Repubilcan ever since.

http://www.answers.com/topic/southern-strategy
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solid_South

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

cornbb wrote:

Brilliant;)

Views: 316,566 | Comments: 2565 | Favorited: 2506 times

In less than 26 hours!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭mumof2

cornbb wrote:

So sad to have missed that show!! That was super!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

heh heh... ''irony deficiency''... heh heh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Pretty much the funniest ep of Top Gear ever and most enjoyable for many years. I LMFAOed.
    Not much about cars though.

In addition, I think its great to see Clarkson up against people who wont put up with his bullsh1t. ;)

Pretty much the funniest ep of Top Gear ever and most enjoyable for many years. I LMFAOed.
    Not much about cars though.

In addition, I think its great to see Clarkson up against people who wont put up with his bullsh1t.
    Yesterday 23:32

are you saying you agree with the pig ignorant intollerant red necks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

mumof2 wrote:
    So sad to have missed that show!! That was super!!:D
    It's repeated tonight at 7pm on BBC2 and sometime on Saturday on BBC3 if you have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

YouTube removed ALL Top Gear episodes, including the redneck one above, due to 'copyright claims' from the BBC. Spoil sports. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭positron

Hurry before they take this down!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GepVB1YI7gk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Not fat enough, me.

Mike.

Advertisement