Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Training Course

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Don't know about them, but you shouldn't be taking that course unless your a SCJP first otherwise your just wasting your time.

Also their "Java Primer" is a bit misleading. The SCJP exam is not easy and a couple of classes isn't going to get you through it unless you have a lot of experience in Java already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

Hobbes wrote:
    Don't know about them, but you shouldn't be taking that course unless your a SCJP first otherwise your just wasting your time.

Also their "Java Primer" is a bit misleading. The SCJP exam is not easy and a couple of classes isn't going to get you through it unless you have a lot of experience in Java already.

Not the answer i was looking for. Anyone else have expereince of this company.
    I have sent 4 engineers to do a SCJP boot training camp in UK, with basic Java experience, and they all passed. I am looking at sending some more engineers to this one, as its more cost effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

tred wrote:
    Not the answer i was looking for.

If it is just references then why not contact the company themselves?
    I have sent 4 engineers to do a SCJP boot training camp in UK, with basic Java experience, and they all passed.

Interesting. What version? The reason I ask is I don't know anyone that has Java experience and has managed to do the 1.4 exam within 1-2 weeks of just sitting a course (normally a couple of months of study), and 1.5 is harder. That's out of about 30 or so developers that I know took the exam.

Advertisement