Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest place to buy Attic Insulation

Options
  • 12-02-2007 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

since I have seen a few threads on this I was wondering where (In Dublin) people recommend to buy their insulation?
    Naturally I could just go to B&Q but I am assuming they are not the cheapest, even with a half price sale (which I missed!)

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

I haven't looked, but I would give Brooks / Chadwicks a call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Thommo

The B&Q sale is still on actually and they're the cheapest around by far.

T.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭mp31

Thommo wrote: »
    The B&Q sale is still on actually and they're the cheapest around by far.

T.

Just my .02c worth ,but earlier on this year B&Q had an offer of "Buy 1 at full price and get 1 free" on rolls of fibreglass insulation.

A few months later they had a half price sale on the same stuff so you aren't saving anything from their usual prices.:(

Having said that if their prices are cheaper than other builders merchants then who cares how they price it.

If you are buying a lot of insulation, maybe ask the other merchants to beat the B&Q price and get them to throw in free delivery. That would put a :) on your face.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,419 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

This might be obvious but it worth pointing out, if the B&Q stuff is cheaper it may not be as good quaility, I have seen cheap attic insulation over there before, I had a quick look at spec and it left alot to be desired.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭mp31

Mellor wrote: »
    This might be obvious but it worth pointing out, if the B&Q stuff is cheaper it may not be as good quaility, I have seen cheap attic insulation over there before, I had a quick look at spec and it left alot to be desired.

Good point.

Sorry if this is going off topic but I'd like to know how to determine specs of this myself as I need to buy some insulation in the next week or so. I guess the specs are printed somewhere on the wrapping -what should I be looking for and what is a good/bad spec?

• Advertisement
Advertisement