Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

corolla problem

Options
  • 12-02-2007 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I've a 94 corolla with 220 000 miles on the clock. Starts firsttime, everytime. I'm doing a serice myself next weekend.

I'll do oil, plugs, air filter, oil filter, coolant, check brakes etc.

Now, the outside CV joint cover needs replacement, and I'm going to replace two of the front drop links. Shouldnt cost me over 100 for parts.

The one problem is the threading is gone in the nut for the oil sump. I could try to replace the oil sump, or maybe get it re-bored, but I really don't want to do that. Is there a handier way to fix the problem?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Helicoil it.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭WildWater

hi king
    Glad to here you Corolla is serving you well. Mine is a 93 with 211,000 and like yours starts first time every time :D Great car and has served me well for nearly 12 years now. Due for NCT next month so heres hoping it wont all end in tears:eek:

Advertisement