Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

JIm Jim's BEBO Gone

• 12-02-2007 1:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know why Jim jim's (former Strawberry Alarm Clock Presenter soon to be national household name) Bebo has vanished?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Because he cancelled the <JimJimNugent> account, perhaps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Ask him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Probably because the Strawberry alarm clock moved elsewhere, and it's likely that the radio station decided that any such items were property of the radio station, not of the show, and took it down.

I very much doubt it will still be called "The Strawberry Alarm Clock" when they move.

seamus wrote:
    I very much doubt it will still be called "The Strawberry Alarm Clock" when they move.

According to Rick O'Shea and Wikipedia it's going to be called "The 2FM Alarm Clock".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

no its the 2fm morning show with jim jim and colm i think

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Why? Why? would a supposedly adult male in a supposedly adult environment call himself Jim Jim???

Can't get my head around that one.

Why? Why? would a supposedly adult male in a supposedly adult environment call himself Jim Jim???

I'd say it's because he thinks its funnier and more juvenile (like the show he works on) than just plain old "Jim".

Or maybe it was his nickname as a kid...

Who knows? Does it really matter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

says a flapping small bird :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

says a flapping small bird :)

He he ... nice one!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Have they started in 2FM yet?are they still as funny or are they more serious now its national radio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Soby wrote:
    Have they started in 2FM yet?are they still as funny or are they more serious now its national radio
    Yep. I heard 2FM has them reading out the funeral notices now.

Yep. I heard 2FM has them reading out the funeral notices now.

was FM104 on the list?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Slicklink

They start on 5 March. It will be called Colm and Jimm jim's Breakfast Show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 forgodssake22

its a rubbish show. Dont know why 2fm bought them lot. How it lasted on 104 for so long i dont know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭master-t

Well for a 'rubbish' show as you say, it averaged over 450,000 listeners each morning. That is the reason 2fm splashed the cash and brought them in id imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

FM104 don't even have a weekly reach of 450,000 listeners :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Hopefully those two morons will get dumped by 2fm and end up on the dole. If we are really lucky maybe Jerry Ryan will join them. I'm sick of listening to him eat his breakfast at work and blame Marty Whealen for his own abysmal ratings. His daughter is hawt though. FACT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

master-t wrote:
    Well for a 'rubbish' show as you say, it averaged over 450,000 listeners each morning. That is the reason 2fm splashed the cash and brought them in id imagine.

Acutally that's Morning Ireland's listnership. Although Fm104 (or should I say Colm Hayes and his presenters throughout the past 10 years) have been top of the charts excluding Morning Ireland. They broke the 100,000 mark for the first time a year or so ago. And that's what killing all these begruggers who wonder why 2 dubs have been given a prime time national slot with a show that's unique and has a proven track record. Just ask their loyal listeners and new sponsors ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Slicklink

Well said bb. They have consistently been No.1 in the brekkie arena for years, have won countless radio awards and the ILR with the highest reach for that show. Its a no brainer to have them on national radio. Especially given the quality of the majority of the jocks on 2fm.

Marty might have been breakfast jock material 18 years ago. Not now though, very cheesy. When Colm and Jim Jim reach the scales they did in Dublin, nationally, then 2fm can seriosly give consideration to dropping Ryan with all the extra revenue coming in at brekkie.

Colm and Jim Nugent are actually funny. Probably the best natural talent out there. I mean look at the rest. Q102 actually tried to directly hire comedians. They couldnt get Dara O Briain and settled for Alan Short who is painful. Difference between Funny and Comedy is knifeedge when it comes down to doing it on the radio..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 AndyH

I hope they bring a lot of the SA regulars with them to 2FM, like Gavin and Paudgie!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Foolitz

Can't wait for Monday! 2FM will get a lot of new listeners!

Jim-Jim's is back on BEBO now, something about legal reasons for shutting down the old one.

His new BEBO is
    http://Jim-Jim2fm.bebo.com

Best of luck with the new show lads!

anyone got clips of the lads on gerry ryan at all?

Advertisement