Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Under 18's banned from city centre??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

This sounds like bullsh*t. For one, how the hell would you enforce it?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭StandnDeliver

theres a big debate on the freakfm.com board about it.
    it is truely a sad day if this is true,the only wway ppl could inforce this is to have national i.d cards to tell ppls age.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

rofl @ page 1! Remind me not to go to the jacks on Thursday.....

Can't see it working or helping tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

I support this.
    If its one less scumbag approaching me outside a shop goin "hereboi, will ya get me faaags indeshop" then im happy.

Ths scumbag population doesn't suddenly mature when they are 18. So kids can no longer go out with their parents after 9? Measures might be needed but a blanket ban on all children doesn't seem appropiate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

i think its a bit harsh to be honest i dont really notice the amount of kids in town after 9 either and im sober at that point :p but i cant really see how they can inforce it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

Banning anyone not excersising and wearing a track suit or Ben Sherman shirts would give better results!

X.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

soemo%20copy.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Beelzebub

Hopefully it'll be enforced nationwide.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Christ that sounds like a bit of a facist state to me. Having to show ID just to enter the city? **** that!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I don't see this working because a) it'll be awkward and probably wasteful to try and properly control access to the central island, and b)it'll just increase the occurrence of anti-social behaviour in areas just outside the city. So the only thing I can see this doing is allowing people to say "Ah, but right in the city centre it's safe. Sort of. (But going home is a different matter altogether unless you live right in the centre)", and then bragging about it as if they've done something to address the deeper problem of antisocial behaviour from under-18s.

Not that this should surprise anyone all that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

I can't see this working at all tbh.
    Most of cork city's suburbs are really dodge as it is atm but if this is brought in it's going to make the problem ten times worse.
    It's a bit ridiculous to think they'll be able to enforce this, i can't exactly imagine Gardaí checking age cards for everyone that looks under 18 going in town after 9pm, especially at weekends. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Are age cards even issued to under 18's? And what about young people with evening jobs in the city? Will you be getting some kind of a work permit? It's a bit Big Brother imo.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Wow what a brilliant idea. Its obvious to us all that all the worst people in the world are under 18. TBH we should just stop having kids. I mean we only have a small amount of petrol and coal left. no point wasting it on ungrateful little criminals.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

The article looks like a pisstake to me. It has to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Un-constistutional. End of story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

^^^

Curse you with your reason and facts! :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

This is no time to be reasonable! We're being accosted by scumbags from every side, and the only way to save ourselves is to make the under-18s into a straw man opponent so the Gardai can claim they're doing something to tackle the problem! And you? You come in here with your "facts" and "reasoning". Hah! Next you'll be asking us to worship the twin demon gods Lojick and Nollij! Well not on my watch, you hear me? NOT ON MY WATCH!

*cough*

Anyway....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

simu wrote:
    ^^^

Curse you with your reason and facts! :)
    I'm trying to keep my posts short due to a worldwide electron shortage.:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement